What did you do with your tractor today?

Wasn't today. It was actually last Wednesday.
I used the Elec-Trac E12s to straighten and hold a wood fence post while I drove a metal "t" post behind it.
It had started to lean quite a bit towards the neighbor.
Picture shows everything but the tractor.:)

Attachments

• 20230329_145408.jpg
    20230329_145408.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 5
Then on Thursday the E12s saw duty as a "tug" for hauling the two great granddaughters.
The wife had been using it around the yard messing with her flower beds.

Attachments

• 20230330_140006.jpg
    20230330_140006.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230330_140020.jpg
    20230330_140020.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230330_140040.jpg
    20230330_140040.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 10
After last night's big storm, I filled the roller and rolled the yard for the first time.
I was going to use one of the John Deeres with turf tires but both were being a pita after sitting this winter.
Ended up using the RickEdy tractor with ags, and tri-ribs. It marked the yard some but the roller ran over most of the marks.
Posted an old picture since I didn't take one today.

Attachments

• 20210920_154510.jpg
    20210920_154510.jpg
    472.3 KB · Views: 2
Wasn't today. It was actually last Wednesday.
I used the Elec-Trac E12s to straighten and hold a wood fence post while I drove a metal "t" post behind it.
It had started to lean quite a bit towards the neighbor.
Picture shows everything but the tractor.:)
I had to to the same thing last summer Rick but I had to steal away from the tee posts I use in the garden. Now I have to buy a few new ones.

Used the Elec-Trak e12s to aerate the yard today ahead of tomorrows forecasted rain.
The I used it to do some yard chores. The village is supposed to put in a sidewalk down the block in front of us. The wife wanted remove a flower bed that will be along the sidewalk path. I used the E12s and the cart to haul off some sections of split rail fence, and haul in some dirt to fill the post holes. Then used the E12s and cart to haul tools and materials to repair some downspouts.
I tried giving the post holes to the neighbor lady. She didn't have a clue and I had to explain the joke to her. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20230403_151346.jpg
    20230403_151346.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230403_151411.jpg
    20230403_151411.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 7
"They" missed the forecast pretty badly today. The 65 mph wind never showed up and it actually got pretty nice! Figured I better move some of that crap! Since it was slushy underneath, I'm afraid a lot of gravel got pushed into the grass. At least some of the water was moved off the driveway.

The MF8E did good, no issues at all. The snow blower did good on the shaded patio but struggled in the sun on the sidewalks.
DSCN5131.JPG DSCN5132.JPG

IMG_0867.jpg IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

DAC

"They" missed the forecast pretty badly today. The 65 mph wind never showed up and it actually got pretty nice! Figured I better move some of that crap! Since it was slushy underneath, I'm afraid a lot of gravel got pushed into the grass. At least some of the water was moved off the driveway.

The MF8E did good, no issues at all. The snow blower did good on the shaded patio but struggled in the sun on the sidewalks.
View attachment 67248 View attachment 67249

View attachment 67250 View attachment 67251

View attachment 67252

DAC
You not pushing much dirt or stones when plowing.
Which is a good thing.
You must have the right touch on that blade...

View attachment 67248 View attachment 67249

View attachment 67250 View attachment 67251

View attachment 67252

DAC
Nice job Doug! That wet stuff gets heavy.

If it works leave it alone. Looks like your blade, skid combination is doing a nice job for you.
Sorry you’re having to put up with the same weather service that we have.
Thanks Chris. I really want to believe "them" right now as we will be in the high 60's in a couple days! 30 day forecast looks like it might start acting like spring.

Is that a cub cadet plow?
I use a piece of pvc on mine. Don't rake gravel in the spring now.:)
Yeah it is a modified CC plow, Rick. It was on this tractor when I got it 32 years ago. I just changed the geometry of it and moved the hydraulic cylinder from pulling up to pushing up few years ago. Was also able to get the blade to float by doing that.
It was your PVC idea that inspired me to try this bolt-on steel pipe skid. Probably a bigger diameter like your PVC would get less gravel in the grass.

Nice job Doug! That wet stuff gets heavy.
It was very heavy. Never spun a tire though. Thanks, Jim!

DAC

Thanks Chris. I really want to believe "them" right now as we will be in the high 60's in a couple days! 30 day forecast looks like it might start acting like spring.

Yeah it is a modified CC plow, Rick. It was on this tractor when I got it 32 years ago. I just changed the geometry of it and moved the hydraulic cylinder from pulling up to pushing up few years ago. Was also able to get the blade to float by doing that.
It was your PVC idea that inspired me to try this bolt-on steel pipe skid. Probably a bigger diameter like your PVC would get less gravel in the grass.

It was very heavy. Never spun a tire though. Thanks, Jim!

DAC

Sorry Doug. it might be my fault you got all that snow...... I took off all three of my plows last Monday!:D:p:rolleyes:

Fired the Bolens G16 LT up after being parked in the machine shed for the last year. New plugs and was ready to go to work. Tiller on the rear started first pull, after new plug and squirt of gas in the cylinder. Tilled up part of the garden but it is real dry. We need rain bad. Only cleared the short sidewalk off twice all winter. Didn't start the walk behind blower up. Tractor with thrower wasn't started wither.

Had to move the IH 782 so started it for the first time in over a year. Rebuilt a B&S L head and put it in the 782 in place of the old Kohler that ventilated the block, like most do. Started off with fresh gas after some encouraging squirts of gas in the carb. Drove it around the yard to a bit to oil things all up good. Have a 52" deck on it. Will be a back up to the CC1862. Other than that it won't see much use.

Back