What did you do with your tractor today?

Had to get one out with the snow thrower to get the drive opened up again along with a couple walk paths. Went to far headed down to a big bird feeder and got stuck so there it sits. May try to winch it out today with the ranger but not sure I can get it close enough and stay on high ground. The older I get the more I have winter.

Since I had the JD 316 back together, I put the rear fork lift back on and hauled some fire wood to the shop. May have ice in the morning!!!! Talked to the neighbor and he was looking for a ventless heater for a rent house. Told him I had one, loaded it on the fork lift and delivered it to his house so he and his brother could determine if that's what they want. Been a nice day without a coat for a change!

Lucky you Kenny. High of 24 today with a cold East wind all day. Really had a bit to it blowing across all the snow. Helped with the chores, dog and I went for our walk up the road and back and we both stayed inside as much as we could.

Use the Ranger in place of a tractor & cart. Hauled 6 - 5 gal pails of shelled corn to the basement door. Loaded the ash vac to empty but when I went to turn around I missed the old path and got high centered on the old crusted snow. Time to shovel then drove it out. Use to use a tractor with a cart to haul firewood, corn, feed, etc. but the Ranger is a lot handier and goes where the tractor & cart won't.

High 20's this forenoon so decided it was time to drag the G12 with thrower out of the snow drift. After I got it stuck I forgot to turn the fuel valve off and that old Tech carb like to leak some so had about a qt. of gas in the oil. Could not use the tractor power to hlep get it out of the drift. Winch on the front of the ranger + a tow strap drug it out with no problem. Drained the oil and put new in. Fired it up and while it was warming up put the Ranger and stuff away. Cleared the path out wider to get out of that area plus a wider path down to the machine shed. Backed it in and shut the gas off this time. Mission accomplished. Waiting for Grandma and the Granddaughter to get home. Will have an 8 yo for the week end so will be busy. After the walking of the dog in the morning she will definately want to go for a ride in the Ranger.

Early last week I quit being in denial about the weather and got the 12G ready for snow removal. I had been using the 8E this winter but decided it needed some improvements which I'm still working on. Came down sick so still no plowing done. Maybe Monday I will finally plow, there will be 2 less vehicles in the driveway to work around and I should feel better by then.

DAC

102_5704.JPG

Nothing with the tractors since I drug the stuck unit with thrower on front out of the crusted snow. It is up and ready to go, headed out for the 3-4" forecast for later this week.

Back