What did you do with your tractor today?

Dressed the driveway, but gotta do it again, all the rain and the people that can’t read the road signs but can spot my shiny white clam shells, turning in and twisting the wheel like a chicken neck. Thankfully it’s just the first 4’-5’ they tear up.

I put up with the same thing. Road turns to dirt right around the sharp curve at the drive to the house. They go by 2 signs before they get in the mud. Then they either back down in my drive and loose half of it or the back into the field drive far enough to pull into my drive.

With the fast melting we had last week I had water run through the one corner and front of the machine shed. Now it is all mud and have to wait for it to dry before I can do anything with any of them. Polaris Ranger is in the garage so it is always available.

Tried out a disc again today. Tried it last year and didn't get it set up very well. JR got the privilege of driving. I realized later that he was using down pressure which bent the top link post. After an explanation of how the float setting works and that speed will help. Things went a little better. Definitely a bigger heavier built disc would work better.

I have a Brinley Tandem disk I use on the garden every spring. Use a sleeve hitch but don't lift it. Be nice if it was converted to lift on wheels or to change the angle to straight for transport. Garden was real shiny yesterday morning yet so will be a couple weeks before anything is done garden wise around here. Sure have a bunch of twigs & small limbs to pick up from the Hybred Willows. All the hard winds we had this winter really cleaned the trees out.

Not a tractor but used like one - 4 wheeler used to tow the chipper shredder around. Took a 3/4" ground anchor and cut it off about 8" below the eye. Heated and opened the eye up to about 1.5" opening. Three hose clamps anchored to the back rack on the 4 wheeler. Pull the chipper over and hook the manual tow handle on the 4 wheeler hook and your off - slow and easy like. Have pile by it now so will grind that up first this morning. Clean up another area into a pile and move the chipper to the pile and do it all over again. Then go back and pick up the piles for mulch around the new strawberry plants. Will see how long my back takes that kind of activity.

I hooked the wagon up and cleaned gravel up in the berm, cut down some limbs, then I figured what the heck. I'll cut grass. It wasnt think but had high spots. Now it's all even and smooth. Should grow in nice. Temps are staying up with lots of sunshine.

Separated some scrap wood from my wood bin. Its unreal how fast this stuff accumulates. Hauled it to the burn pile in an open field with the Sears SS15.

Got the tow Bolens EK's lined up with the EK10 with the thrower in back and EK7 with the mower in front. That gave me room to put the sub-frame and 50" deck under the 1512 Cub. Grease it up and it is ready to go. Put the battery in the Bolens G16XT with the tiller. Ready to bring it up to the shop for servicing before garden time.

Back