What did you do with your tractor today?

I got a good start plowing snow with the MF12G---BUT it was a hard day on it. Right off the bat the coil housing on the choke cable broke at the lever end. That's the one on the right.

DSCN1469.JPG

Then after about 45 minutes of carving at the first drift the tractor just quit moving. No forward in any gear and no reverse. I looked back an there was a pulley laying in the snow. Terminal problem. Glad i wasn't too far from the shop. that tractor isn't real easy to push. Turns out it was the rear vari-speed belt idler that lost the bearings. I finally did find one the right size on Amazon and ordered it.

DSCN1467.JPGDSCN1468.JPG

It was doing a good job until that happened.

DSCN1464.JPGIMG_0018.JPG

My wife called her sister and got our brother-in-law to finish plowing with his Jeep since we have to get out for work tomorrow.

DAC

I was out with the JD 140 H3, with the box blade with teeth on the bottom. I ruffled up the ice on the driveway. And pushed some away with the MF 14.

Noel

Attachments

• 268115F2-C431-4B50-BCD5-F38E31DC5E5A.jpeg
    268115F2-C431-4B50-BCD5-F38E31DC5E5A.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 11
  • C329C4E6-646E-4155-8AAB-7B0A704EA568.jpeg
    C329C4E6-646E-4155-8AAB-7B0A704EA568.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 54A13377-2C0B-46F3-9B84-36D801465757.jpeg
    54A13377-2C0B-46F3-9B84-36D801465757.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 95870063-99EA-40CD-8969-0679BC014503.jpeg
    95870063-99EA-40CD-8969-0679BC014503.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 11
Most everything I have is one use away from catastrophic failure. Good thing I like working on them. Glad you were able to get dug out

Isn't that the truth! Like a dummy, a while back I decided to take the other tractor apart to modify the blade setup, consequently I had no back-up plan! I too enjoy working on them, but it's more fun when it's because you want to instead of have to!

DAC

Same thing that got me. Once through the crust your stuck. Snow under the crust is like fine sand. Our is all gone except for the drifts in the ditches, etc. Now it is dry out time. Was up to 60 yesterday. Rain forecast for Saturday. Not sure if that is good or bad.

I don't mind working on tractors but my choice and I want them up on the work table. I can't handle them being down on the ground and bending over to do anything except pee on them..

8 yo granddaughter with use again for a day or two. She wanted to drive the EK so before I put the thrower back on I fired it up and she took off, 1/4 throttle and low gear. The steering on them take a lot of cranking to get them to go where you want. She loved to turn it around in it's own tracks but getting it to go back straight again was a little problem.
Fought the snow thrower but had to resort to the big pry bar again. Parking it in the shed and whet to get the White out with the blade. Started up OK ran fine so backed it out got it about half turned around and it died. Put more gas in.. Nope. Dribbled gas down into the carb. Nope. Turns over good but no fire. Will check on it in the morning. From one headache to another. Think I will take a day off one of these days.

8 yo granddaughter with use again for a day or two. She wanted to drive the EK so before I put the thrower back on I fired it up and she took off, 1/4 throttle and low gear. The steering on them take a lot of cranking to get them to go where you want. She loved to turn it around in it's own tracks but getting it to go back straight again was a little problem.
Fought the snow thrower but had to resort to the big pry bar again. Parking it in the shed and whet to get the White out with the blade. Started up OK ran fine so backed it out got it about half turned around and it died. Put more gas in.. Nope. Dribbled gas down into the carb. Nope. Turns over good but no fire. Will check on it in the morning. From one headache to another. Think I will take a day off one of these days.

I feel your pain

Dressed the driveway, but gotta do it again, all the rain and the people that can’t read the road signs but can spot my shiny white clam shells, turning in and twisting the wheel like a chicken neck. Thankfully it’s just the first 4’-5’ they tear up.

Back