What did you do with your tractor today?

We have had a lot of wind this past winter. That along with older Hy-bred Willow trees got a ton of branches on the ground. We used to hire a younger person or two to help with the clean up but hard to find kids that want to do physical labor any more. Yesterday I bought a King Kutter rock/landscape rake, 5' 3 point. Put it on the White 1655 and found, just as I figured it was way to light on the front. Spent this morning building a weight rack on the front to hold an 80 lb cast iron weight I have had around for several years. This afternoon I went after the limbs. What used to take about 4 hours with 3 of us, I piled up in about 2 hours. One strip will burn on a dirt drive, the other two will get picked up in the morning. And I still have the rake for any other task it may be called upon to do. Should work good going over the fall plowed garden. Neighbor may even get some use out of it. Forgot to get photos before I put it in the machine shed.

After the 30-40 mph winds we had yesterday had to get the White 1655 out with the landscape rack and go over part of the yard again this morning. No wind so set fire to a strip of twigs, dead grass and leaves I gathered up. The put the fertilizer on the garden.

Thanks on the tractor compliment. Really busier than I'd like to be. But like the old saying, "There is as much work around 4 A. as there is 40A". That is just 5 tractors in the picture. 10 or so more on the left side of that building and in a couple other buildings. Couple are going to go with decks this spring.

Sunday afternoon I moved 2 other GTs out of the way so I could get the 1966 Cub Cadet 123 out to till the garden. The soil was perfect for tilling. Got almost 4 hours of seat time..... that’s a great day any day you can get it!

That old IH Cub Cadet is really fun to use, and the tiller does a great job. As much as I love my 1974 Troy-Bilt Horse, I would MUCH rather sit on my butt and let the Cub do the work!
Perfect timing for the tilling..... woke up this morning to a slow light rain.....

Sunday afternoon I moved 2 other GTs out of the way so I could get the 1966 Cub Cadet 123 out to till the garden. The soil was perfect for tilling. Got almost 4 hours of seat time..... that’s a great day any day you can get it!

That old IH Cub Cadet is really fun to use, and the tiller does a great job. As much as I love my 1974 Troy-Bilt Horse, I would MUCH rather sit on my butt and let the Cub do the work!
Perfect timing for the tilling..... woke up this morning to a slow light rain.....

Things just fell together for you perfectly! Did you get some pics? This thread needs more pics!

DAC

Back