What did you do with your tractor today?

I thought that plowing snow with the MF8E would be the first chore after I got home from work this morning. By the time we had breakfast I went out and it was melting so fast that the gravel drive way would be getting torn up badly. Have to let it vanish naturally. No seat time still!

DAC

We got the MF7 out with the new china engine and tried it out. Man did it run and cut smooth. I hate to say it runs better and has more power than the old h70 tecumseh did!

Looks a little funny and the muffler isnt quite perfect. I welded a 3/4" pipe collar to the flange I cut off the stock muffler and dad used pipe fittings to get a muffler on it.

We got the MF7 out with the new china engine and tried it out. Man did it run and cut smooth. I hate to say it runs better and has more power than the old h70 tecumseh did!

Looks a little funny and the muffler isnt quite perfect. I welded a 3/4" pipe collar to the flange I cut off the stock muffler and dad used pipe fittings to get a muffler on it.

I can say the same thing about the 13 hp Predator I put on the MF12G several years ago. It uses half the gas also.

DAC

I can say the same thing about the 13 hp Predator I put on the MF12G several years ago. It uses half the gas also.

DAC

Impressive for a 99 dollar motor off ebay. We got the one with the charging coil and electric start. So it all works as it should. Hit the key and fires right up.

So I dethatched the entire 2.5 acres. That’s gotta be the most fueled burned thru those two little cylinders in one day in a long time. Almost two gallons.

Grass is just greening up here.....Last few days, finished up a couple of projects that I had been working this winter on. Nicer weather is finally here.

Attachments

• IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1213.jpg
    IMG_1213.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 11
Grass is just greening up here.....Last few days, finished up a couple of projects that I had been working this winter on. Nicer weather is finally here.
I like both of those attachments! Been noodling putting an 18 HP B&S on a 54" deck as a pull behind.

How did the mower work Harry. Looks great. Buddie of mine had a set up like your first one, but he had it mounted to the side of the tractor, not the front. He would go back and forth and move in the width of the mower each pass. But I can see you could not do that with your trees there. People would stop their cars and watch him. They must of got a laugh out of it. but I'm sure some of them would want one.

Noel

I like both of those attachments! Been noodling putting an 18 HP B&S on a 54" deck as a pull behind.

I was concerned with this setup as it is only a 3.5 hp off a 17" mower. It seems to work fine though. Will see when I get it in some tall grass

How did the mower work Harry. Looks great. Buddie of mine had a set up like your first one, but he had it mounted to the side of the tractor, not the front. He would go back and forth and move in the width of the mower each pass. But I can see you could not do that with your trees there. People would stop their cars and watch him. They must of got a laugh out of it. but I'm sure some of them would want one.

Noel
Seems to work good, no grass to try it out in yet though. I have it set up about 4 1/2", so I don't think it should bog down too much. I had to line up the pulleys a few times to get them all level.

Back