What did you do with your tractor today?

Yesterday i changed the blades on the 1811 mowed the lawn an then put it back in the garage an wired up the tail lights finally an gave it a coat of wax

Is Mowing Monday gunna happen this coming week Doug. ? I need pictures of the tractor and the cut the deck is doing.

Noel

Is Mowing Monday gunna happen this coming week Doug. ? I need pictures of the tractor and the cut the deck is doing.

Noel
It's not looking good, Noel! 60 mph wind kept me from wanting to do it today, Tomorrow is supposed to be fairly calm but only in the low 40's. I don't know what my wife will want to do for Mothers Day either. Monday sounds bad too! I'll get pics soon as possible.

DAC

Well sounds like a lot of bad weather Doug. Kinda like here.
One thing is for sure. What ever your wife would like, Thats what you do.
My mother is gone 18 years now on the 18th of this month. Time sure goes quick.

Noel

Well sounds like a lot of bad weather Doug. Kinda like here.
One thing is for sure. What ever your wife would like, Thats what you do.
My mother is gone 18 years now on the 18th of this month. Time sure goes quick.

Noel
I do remember that your Mom died on the same day as mine, just it was 2009 for us. Unbelieveable how fast time goes by. I still don't have her truck driveable. Now it seems her only surviving sibling may not be around much longer. She's 101 and was still living on her own until Thursday night. Her caretakers that would stop by every day to help her with chores have taken her in. A severe pain developed in her left knee causing her foot to paralyze. Hospice gave her morphine and she hasn't been awake since. That will be the end of that generation in our family.

DAC

I took this afternoon off work as the weather sucked too bad to mow last weekend. Beautiful day but guess what----RAIN! I mowed anyway. We got .2" while mowing but is came down gently. I rushed it being paranoid it was going to dump but it never did. MF12G did great!

Noel requested pics.

Grass stuck to the tractor!
DSCN2222.JPG

Started blowing off all the stuck green stuff.
DSCN2223.JPG

I think the cut quality was ok considering the rain, Noel. The "middle" yard.
DSCN2224.JPG

About an hour after getting done, the sun came out. The front yard.
DSCN2225.JPG

DAC

Nothing today..... I was going to use the Gravely in the garden tonight, but she wouldn't start. Bummer, jumped the wires and figured that I need a new switch.

Sadly Doug, time changes everything.

Grass looks great. Sure was wet. Tractor looks good too. I maybe mowing end of next week. Frost tonite. Slow spring. No heat.

I’ll be using the the lawnboy push mower to cut the grass, I think, again this summer. If I get lazy, I might find a ride on.

Noel

Had to go get a Polaris RZR 170 this morning to work on. Used the 316 with the boom pole to lift it and drag it home. No problem with the front being light on the 316, I have 160 lbs. of weight up there.

DSCN5119.JPG DSCN5120.JPG DSCN5121.JPG

Kenny is also in the towing business!! That boom worked great! Are those the weights you casted out of lead?

DAC
Yep! I've moved a lot of things around with that boom. Only time the front gets light is when I load the fork lift with firewood.

Out out out, you tractors. Get some fresh air. First nice day since last summer. So out they went. Not sure if I’m gunna take the snow thrower and rear blade off the JD 140H3 and put the deck on. Only 4 months and be startin to put winter stuff back on. :(And the MF 12 rear snow thrower will come off and tiller put on. Maybe this week. The Ford will stay ready for winter, just in case.

Noel

Attachments

• BF25234A-C401-4E00-A31A-A5651EE78310.jpeg
    BF25234A-C401-4E00-A31A-A5651EE78310.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 6
  • D52283A8-B246-44F2-88B3-C5D53B5E7766.jpeg
    D52283A8-B246-44F2-88B3-C5D53B5E7766.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 6
Wife used the Craftsman PGT9000 and the Snapper push mower to mow the yard while I worked on the #1 tiller that’s goes on my Cub Cadet 123. I replaced a couple of roll pins that secure a sprocket on a shaft. Pulled a dummy and had the drive belt too tight..... when I jammed on a rock a few weeks ago, rather than the belt slipping, the roll pins sheared. Not a fun job, but I had to replace those one other time when I first got the Cub, so it was wayyyy more familiar than the first time.
With any luck, maybe the garden spot will be dry enough to till tomorrow evening. Gotta get after the weeds! And hopefully get some stuff planted!

Finally the weather cooperated enough to do "Mowing Monday"! I did mow last Thursday afternoon, but with the moisture since then and now temps warming up it's growing quickly, especially the damndelions! Standing water in the back yard had reduced to mud so no trouble with that. Did the trimming too. MF12G ran fine.

DAC

Back