What did you do with your tractor today?

It is a combo conditioner/stop leak. I have used it in the past for small seeping type leaks. When I was in the haying business I used it tin the hydraulic system that run the accumulator. When hydraulic oil gets real hot it gets real thin and looses some of its pressure qualities. This would slow down the operation of the accumulator which was a timed system that had to work fast to coincide with the baler. When the accumulator slowed I would have to slow the baler ground speed down to match. This conditioner kept the oil from thinning down so much as to slow the response of the accumulator. Kind of a long winded answer but hope it gives a better understanding of what it does.
Thanks. I have a sears loader with the lift valve leaking. A drip every once in a while. Drips on my knee. I tied a sandwich bag under it and collected about three table spoons over the summer. Just wondering if your solution may help. And where you get it.
Don

Probably a very productive day in the long run. Farm & home stores around this area have it. My tractor repair shop has the line of Lucas products. I doubt if auto parts stores handle it as it is direct competition for them.

Last edited:
We had about nine inches of snow Monday. I started plowing with my 149, got 3/4 of the way done, and one of the rear tires came off the bead.
C2A74251-B77A-4C33-ABE8-CDD6077A3930.jpeg
I never bothered checking the air in them since they didn’t look flat. The one on the other side had 3 pounds in it. I was going to finish with the 125, but by that time dinner was almost ready so I quit for the night. Last night I put the tire back on and got the rest of the driveway done. I forgot to take pictures while I was plowing, but here’s one of it sitting in the garage after I was done.
D0E99E9D-290F-4BA8-8600-D00622871FDE.jpeg

We had about nine inches of snow Monday. I started plowing with my 149, got 3/4 of the way done, and one of the rear tires came off the bead.
View attachment 47457
I never bothered checking the air in them since they didn’t look flat. The one on the other side had 3 pounds in it. I was going to finish with the 125, but by that time dinner was almost ready so I quit for the night. Last night I put the tire back on and got the rest of the driveway done. I forgot to take pictures while I was plowing, but here’s one of it sitting in the garage after I was done.
View attachment 47456
How do like your rubber tire chains ?

Need at least 6 psi in them to keep a tire on. So I’ve been told. Good that there was no damage to it.

Noel
They have 15 in them now.
How do like your rubber tire chains ?
They are ok. Not as good as regular chains, but better than nothing. The first year or two they worked good, but quickly started to wear. This is the 5th year I’m using them. I never tried them on pavement, only gravel. I never had metal chains until last year, so I had nothing to compare them to before. After using them, I don’t think I would buy another set of the rubber ones.

Beautiful day of 61F and sunny yesterday. I’ve been working on two tractors for a month now and really needed some seat time and some sun. We had a cedar tree near the chicken coop die so I cut that down along with another one that the wife wanted down. I hauled that off to the burn pile. Before burning I usually trim the branches off the larger trees then cut the trunk up for the outside fire ring.
94A0B700-B402-4C9B-9AAB-37972703D6AC.jpeg01F9324A-6FA6-40B7-A044-32458BE0FE11.jpeg866AA432-1A98-41AB-B31D-CE87AF077D04.jpeg34D0DD31-AC87-4EFB-B307-6B1C504AF8A0.jpeg

Tried to plow the 1" of ice/sleet off the drive to expose the gravel, kind of a losing battle. My son was cleaning the county parks, they sent him home and the county/city stopped road cleaning for 2 to 3 hours as it was doing nothing.

20220203_123712.jpg20220203_123653.jpg

Salt and sand after the fact. They use a different chemical down here to treat the main roads to keep them from freezing when rain/icing is forecast and even snow some times. Use it a lot for frost prevention on bridges. Works good.

Salt and sand after the fact. They use a different chemical down here to treat the main roads to keep them from freezing when rain/icing is forecast and even snow some times. Use it a lot for frost prevention on bridges. Works good.
Up here the pretreatment solution is a salt brine so still pretty much the same thing, Roger. They are pretty stingy about using it too. Only see sand on the hills.

DAC

The City uses Ag Lime but county and state use a lot of sand. County does not use the liquid treatment. As I understand it the salt brine is a lot easier and cheaper to make but is corrosive, Not sure just what it is they use .

Got most of snow off driveway last night before I broke both my front blade and the rear blade.
The front blade is a newer sears style that fits the mule drive adapter, before I got it someone had bent is and welded it. It broke in those areas.
Then I was back pushing with the sleeve hitch blade and hit something (maybe one of my railroad ties) and heard some thing pop, but it looked fine. Then I caught an ice patch and snapped the pin that keeps it from rotating. When I got to the barn, I saw that the nut welded in the sleeve hitch which holds the 3/4" bolt to tighten the attachment was gone.
Next year I will have either the FF24 or the MF1855 set up with hydraulic plow and rear blade, tired of this manual stuff.

Finally went out and moved the snow that fell on us Wednesday through Friday.
Friday I used the 782 Cub Cadet and my Frankenstien tractor to clean out an alley and parking space for my Grandson.
I had an issue with the blade on "Frankie" and mainly used the 782.

Attachments

• 20220205_114653.jpg
    20220205_114653.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220205_150331.jpg
    20220205_150331.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220205_150353.jpg
    20220205_150353.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220205_150354.jpg
    20220205_150354.jpg