What did you do with your tractor today?

Don't get me started on seat belts or that "quota" BS !!
You said exactly what I was gonna say, just beat me to it.

I may have an out though. According to the ticket I was cited at 3:18pm.at 3:18 I was still at work and can prove it. We can't go before 3:30. And it's at least a 1/2 hour drive from work to where that guy hassled me and ruined my day. After he took my license and insurance card and went back to his cruiser I called my wife to tell her that I was being held up, would by home soon and to rant about why I was being held up.
according to my phone that call was made at 4:05!!!
so I got to wait for next week when this week's time sheets are approved, get a copy and take it and the ticket in to the states attorney's office hopefully before the court date. Ive tried fighting tickets before, )15-20 years ago) and I am O fer. Always backfires and costs me even more (because of added, trumped up "court costs" most of which really have nothing to do with the cost of holding court.)
I do get to do something this weekend that I wasn't planning on. Replacing some drywall, patching the hole I punched in my living room wall as I walked in the house. Knuckles skinned a bit but that'll grow back. Never done that before.
I'm just tired of "pick, pick, pick" over the years. Add that gas has doubled in a very short time, groceries are at borderline stupid price, they sure don't need to be doing this sort of (what they call) detail" especially not in these times.
I just painted that room and we had it all fixed, up last fall.

Sotah and loader earned it's keep this morning. Had a big Mulberry tree next to the garden on the east side that was shading and protecting the garden way to much. Time for it to go. It was on the other side of the fence but several limbs hanging over the garden side. Cut 4 or 5 4+" limbs off and dropped them in the garden, then cut them in half so I could handle them. Got that mess cleaned up rather quickly and added to a brush pile. Saw the tree was still bit top heavy towards the garden. Cut a wedge out about fence high on the outside, then started the cut from the garden side. When I noticed the blade getting a bit snug and quit and quickly pulled the saw out. The saw gap slowly started to close. Got the tractor up against the biggest limb as high as the loader would reach. The 12" teeth on the plate I bolted in the bucket gave an extra bit of leverage. Let the tractor hold it there while I cut a bit more. Little nudge and little push and it started going the right direction. Then came the fun of cutting bigger libs off and shoving them one by one about 150 yds. to a big wash out by the creek. Good thing the tractor was 4X4 or would have never got the job done. Hate to think how all that would have went without that tractor and loader.

I’m one tired old dog today. I cut and weed whacked the yard for the first time this year. I have about 300’ of road frontage along the road in the front yard that a have to push mow. I have to mow three round trips and I could look down and see that 10lbs. I gained over the winter...not good!

I used my Cub Cadet LT1050 that I worked on a few days ago. I was very happy with it. It started right up but still had to jump it. It ran well and the tractor is comfortable to drive. I really like the Cruise Control on it. If it continues to run well I think I’ll order a factory OEM starter for it.

I took the White 1855 and trailer out and added some wood chip bedding in the chicken coop and Alphalpha hay in the run. The wind was blowing hard today and the cover came off the Bolens G11XL so I thought why not take it out for a ride. This was repowered with a Twin 16hp. Vanguard before I got it. I had a chance to buy an 18hp. at the worlds longest yard sale last summer for $250. but passed. We go every year so he might still have it this year. Those are nice engines. I finished up about 4:00 and done for the day and maybe tomorrow too. I’m whooped!

I used the Massey Executive to aerate the yard. and then used the half done wagon to move a basketball pole/backboard from the neighbors place to my shop. I sold two John Deere wheel weights today and had to dig them out. (Fifty pounds is a lot heavier than it used to be.) It was nice outside so I started and moved everything out into the yard. Then I started cleaning and rearranging while I waited for the guy to show up. He is a John Deere fanatic but really liked my old tractors and may bring a friend back to see them. I told him to bring money! I didn't take any pictures of the tractors sitting out but did get a picture when done aerating and before using the wagon.
And I no sooner sold the weights and the wife had me buying lunch!!
I did manage to remove the snow blades on two traactors and get the plow on one of them. When I remember where I put the arms and third member I'll put the plow on the 782 Cub Cadet.

Attachments

• 20210927_194105.jpg
    20210927_194105.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220404_151254.jpg
    20220404_151254.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220404_151716.jpg
    20220404_151716.jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220404_155118.jpg
    20220404_155118.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 14
  • 20220404_155130.jpg
    20220404_155130.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220404_160753.jpg
    20220404_160753.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220404_160802.jpg
    20220404_160802.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 15
I used the Massey Executive to aerate the yard. and then used the half done wagon to move a basketball pole/backboard from the neighbors place to my shop. I sold two John Deere wheel weights today and had to dig them out. (Fifty pounds is a lot heavier than it used to be.) It was nice outside so I started and moved everything out into the yard. Then I started cleaning and rearranging while I waited for the guy to show up. He is a John Deere fanatic but really liked my old tractors and may bring a friend back to see them. I told him to bring money! I didn't take any pictures of the tractors sitting out but did get a picture when done aerating and before using the wagon.
And I no sooner sold the weights and the wife had me buying lunch!!
I did manage to remove the snow blades on two traactors and get the plow on one of them. When I remember where I put the arms and third member I'll put the plow on the 782 Cub Cadet.
Nice herd Rick I really like the red wheel weights on Rickedy

Last fall I took the three-point arms and top link off of the 782 Cub Cadet when I installed the snow blade. I stashed them where they would be safe and ready for me in the spring. Yesterday I couldn't find them.
This morning they practically jumped out at me. I don't know how many times I looked right over them yesterday.
Got them installed and am ready to put the plow on and get it set up for BALL HOLLOW PLOW DAY!!

Attachments

• 20220405_150017.jpg
    20220405_150017.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 3
Last fall I took the three-point arms and top link off of the 782 Cub Cadet when I installed the snow blade. I stashed them where they would be safe and ready for me in the spring. Yesterday I couldn't find them.
This morning they practically jumped out at me. I don't know how many times I looked right over them yesterday.
Got them installed and am ready to put the plow on and get it set up for BALL HOLLOW PLOW DAY!!
Don't feel bad Rick! I'm constantly doing that too. Hope you guys post lots pics of that plow day. Sounds like a fun time for all you folks out that way!

DAC

Back