What did you do with your tractor today?

Had a chance to buy an 18hp. at the worlds longest yard sale last summer for $250. but passed. We go every year so he might still have it this year.
Would that be the Hwy 127 yard sale? I passed on going last year, but hoping to go this year. I hop on at Danville, Ky and only go to Jamestown,Ky. I have all I can stand by that time. Just 54 miles of yard sale, but the round trip is 220+ miles.

Would that be the Hwy 127 yard sale? I passed on going last year, but hoping to go this year. I hop on at Danville, Ky and only go to Jamestown,Ky. I have all I can stand by that time. Just 54 miles of yard sale, but the round trip is 220+ miles.
Yes sir Daniel my wife and girls do it every year. When I go I skip the local area because I’ve got to know most of the vendors and what they have. We were disappointed last year everything was ski high and no one wanted to haggle. I did get a good deal on a Husqvarna self propelled push mower with a nice bag for $50. I have the same mower I got off of my SIL about nine years ago and always wanted a bag for it. Now I can mow with or without the bag on both mowers. He was a good guy to talk to. I enjoy meeting the people

We had a hard frost last night. We had to wait until late yesterday evening to cover our plants that have blooms. It was so cold with rain turning into sleet along with strong winds until about 5:00. This morning bright, sunny and in the mid 60’s. I took the White 1855 around the yard and house gathering up all the drop cloths, old sheets, old towels, buckets, and flower pots that we used to cover everything up. Along with that a nice little load of fire wood we used to anchor everything down.
C02E7040-B791-4ED2-B25C-05368AC99DC5.jpeg5AFCECD6-00E6-410E-9CFD-A395D9A47025.jpeg
Once I got all that done I picked up all the twigs and branches that fell, I brake that up for fire starters. I stopped off at the woodpile to return the anchors. After about three hours doing that I wasn’t aloud to cut into some fresh homemade bread because it wasn’t ready yet. I grabbed a piece of cream cheese danish with a little melted butter and some coffee and rested out on the front porch in the sun. Bella had to join me she’s my little porch buddy. When she sees me with a cup of coffee and head for the front door she is there! Life is good and very blessed.
344C4CE7-FAF9-4657-8FB9-81D69AC76B94.jpegCC7F2AD5-9A11-420F-89B5-FB3DA159CBEE.jpeg
E2FDEC39-62C1-4A73-906E-41D1CA9F9E38.jpeg10429A04-E29B-4BB1-B596-C31306FD9862.jpeg
78101781-AD31-4ED4-B7A1-A5A22D427D99.jpeg

First grass cutting of the year in! It was just a quick knock it down before it rains all week. It would’ve been a mess if I had waited till the weekend to cut

570 fired right up and cut perfectly. Still very pleased with that tractor. It’s been 4 seasons now and it’s been flawless overall. Come little rattles have developed and been fixed but otherwise just normal maintenance

First grass cutting of the year in! It was just a quick knock it down before it rains all week. It would’ve been a mess if I had waited till the weekend to cut

570 fired right up and cut perfectly. Still very pleased with that tractor. It’s been 4 seasons now and it’s been flawless overall. Come little rattles have developed and been fixed but otherwise just normal maintenance
Aaron I slipped my grass cutting in last week with just one day of no rain. We had a hard frost last night and rain off and on all this week. I was going to the chicken coop early this morning walking on the crispy grass and my first thought was “ lord I hope Aaron gets his grass cut today like he wanted.

Aaron I slipped my grass cutting in last week with just one day of no rain. We had a hard frost last night and rain off and on all this week. I was going to the chicken coop early this morning walking on the crispy grass and my first thought was “ lord I hope Aaron gets his grass cut today like he wanted.

Me and Adeline mowed most of it then Cooper, who never has an interest in tractors, came out and wanted to drive the tractor and ride with me. He might be coming around.

I still have a big pile of pine tree limbs to clean up. I’ve been so extremely unmotivated this year it’s not funny. Life is so busy.

Chicken coop needs cleaned out, rabbit pens need cleaned, so much to do and so little time. It’ll get better in about 6 weeks when school lets out.

Yesterday when I was in the basement working on minibikes I heard sleet beating off the door. Today it was 55ish and sunny!

You sure have a great looking place, Jim, and nice equipment to keep it that way! Livin' the dream, I'd say!

Got home from work this afternoon, unloaded more junk, then since the weather was marginally nice enough to have the overhead door open for awhile, the MF1450 got put to work pulling in the overhead crane. It rolls easy on the end that was on the sidewalk in front of the shop, but not so much in the gravel. I have to put it in the shop at an angle since it is wider than the door. I didn't get a picture until I had it swung around where the end on the concrete was inside the shop.
DSCN4278.JPG

The tractor seems to be running well, but it does seem noisy. At one point I thought there was a bearing squealing or something but come to find out it is the hood vibrating against the aluminum dash I had to build since the plastic one was badly broken up. It is a rattletrap!

Then I got the mowing deck out from under the MTD "Gardenway" LT I'm trying to get working for a friend. Two of the seven hanger links were not attached to the tractor so that is probably why the blades wouldn't stop spinning when the deck was raised to the "off" position.
DSCN4292.JPG

Don't know what the heck happened to the front center of the deck shell, but it looks like someone did it on purpose. Cut two slots in it, then beat it in between them!
DSCN4296.JPG DSCN4297.JPG

Other than that, besides missing a pulley guard, the deck looks pretty good still.
DSCN4298.JPG

DAC

We had our MF 7 out last Saturday. To pull a Ford and attached blower out of its resting spot. Have engine ready for the Ford. But need time to get at it.
That little MF 7 sure pulls.

Noel

Attachments

• BC1E9273-1F33-4B34-A059-044FD9087957.png
    BC1E9273-1F33-4B34-A059-044FD9087957.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 12
  • EC2C443F-3980-41F4-8060-73CDCFCF094E.png
    EC2C443F-3980-41F4-8060-73CDCFCF094E.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 3B7A2754-9E6D-4413-B555-B94D24DC78C0.png
    3B7A2754-9E6D-4413-B555-B94D24DC78C0.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
I got my MF7 out of hibernation and took it for a ride. I still have to play with the carburetor adjustment a little, it runs good at half throttle, but kind of rough at full or idle.
View attachment 50918
Before I took my MF12 apart I had been running it as mostly a grass cutter at another hobby farm we had years ago. I could never get it to run good at idle and high throttle. It was one or the other. I chose the high throttle because of needing it to run the deck.

We had our MF 7 out last Saturday. To pull a Ford and attached blower out of its resting spot. Have engine ready for the Ford. But need time to get at it.
That little MF 7 sure pulls.

Noel
I don’t know how true it is, but my grandfather told me he once pulled a stuck dump truck out of his yard with this tractor.
Before I took my MF12 apart I had been running it as mostly a grass cutter at another hobby farm we had years ago. I could never get it to run good at idle and high throttle. It was one or the other. I chose the high throttle because of needing it to run the deck.
Good to hear it’s not only me having problems getting it set right. Right now this is good for riding around and towing carts which will be is main use. It won’t be a regular mower, but I would like to mow with it every now and then, so I will need full throttle.

You still have to get use to the tractor yet Doug. Noises and all.
i wonder if they beat that in so grass doesn’t collect there, like it normally would.
You had quite a day.

Noel
Now that I was able to pressure wash the tractor and deck, it looks like somehow, the deck got shoved forward real hard into the engine pulley. Didn't get pics yet but it sure looks like the pulley ground on it. It is really hard to reason how some of this damage on tractors and old vehicles could have happened! Yet it does! That is a likely spot for grass to collect with the shape of the deck, Noel. Still can't explain the cuts through it either.

DAC

Now that I was able to pressure wash the tractor and deck, it looks like somehow, the deck got shoved forward real hard into the engine pulley. Didn't get pics yet but it sure looks like the pulley ground on it. It is really hard to reason how some of this damage on tractors and old vehicles could have happened! Yet it does! That is a likely spot for grass to collect with the shape of the deck, Noel. Still can't explain the cuts through it either.

DAC
That's what it looked like to me.

Back