What did you do with your tractor today?

Nice tractor and disc Chris. What model is the tractor ?
1960 Fordson Dexta Diesel. Made in England by Ford and imported into this country. They are a very nice tractor with live PTO and hydraulics. Around 30 Hp. and very cheap to operate. Wish I'd known about them 30 years ago.
They were ahead of their time and are still a pleasure to use. They also made a larger version called the Fordson Major.

My Mitsubishi only had room for a narrow seat. Three point control was almost in my pants pocket. Son in-law is smaller than me and it works good for him.
This Sotah is basically a Mitsubishi, had the engine all along, then around 83-83 Sotah was bought out. I had to make seat brackets to get the seat back far enough to be comfortable..Now the top link taps the back of the seat.

1960 Fordson Dexta Diesel. Made in England by Ford and imported into this country. They are a very nice tractor with live PTO and hydraulics. Around 30 Hp. and very cheap to operate. Wish I'd known about them 30 years ago.
They were ahead of their time and are still a pleasure to use. They also made a larger version called the Fordson Major.

Thanks Chris. That’s what I wanted to do, look it up on Tractordata. My 51 Ferguson tractor has a Standard engine.

Noel

Got the 1862 out a mowed the hya field this afternoon. Let one larger area go till it gets about a foot tall and use it for mulch in the garden. Was tough cutting and should have sharpened the blades first. Got it knocked down. may get it raked and hauled to the garden this weekend . Blades are sharp now.

After mowing the yard I walked over to look at the garden and the sod that was worked up yesterday. There were an awful lot of clumps that needed to be broke up so got out the Craftsman and tiller. Moved the throttle on the tillers Predator engine from the side up to the front front so it's easier to see and reach. Cleaned the air filters and topped off the oil. Every time I use this tiller it impresses me with the job it does.
You can see the control on the fender for the hydraulic lift.
1653010446837.png

After mowing the yard I walked over to look at the garden and the sod that was worked up yesterday. There were an awful lot of clumps that needed to be broke up so got out the Craftsman and tiller. Moved the throttle on the tillers Predator engine from the side up to the front front so it's easier to see and reach. Cleaned the air filters and topped off the oil. Every time I use this tiller it impresses me with the job it does.
You can see the control on the fender for the hydraulic lift.
View attachment 52853
I don’t think you can beat a rear mounted tiller. That’s a nice rig. Do you leave it set up just for this or does it have other chores.

The tiller never comes off. The tractor has an old Briggs. electric start 8 hp engine and the tiller a predator 8 hp. I think the tractor was originally 18 hp. My son needed the engine so it went to him and the 8 hp. replaced it which is plenty for tilling. The tractor has been totally trouble free and had only a few hours on it when found. The hydraulic lift conversion has been a big plus for a guy with a bad back, neck and shoulders.
Was thinking today the tractor deserves a new seat.

With all the rain we have had I bought a roller and rolled our lawn twice. Made a big difference. Lot smoother riding the last time I mowed. Went by the neighbors the other day. His wife does all the yard mowing. Got her big JD ZTR. Just like the commercial she was flying and bouncing with the seat belt on. Only the commercial don't show the bouncing. Had to laugh.

The other day I windowed the right side of a kt19 series 1. 1st time which is surprising it took me that long to blow it up, given the rep they had for doing just that.
It came to me "locked up", as I thought I was just buying it for the tiller several years ago. As it turns out all that was locked up was the starter. And it's Bendix was extended.
I have a magnum 18 here that I actually tried putting on that machine before I found out that this kt19 really wasn't seized. It's actually destined as a spare for my other GT19, the one I blow snow with.
I say tried, as the magnum that I have, has the oil filter directly on the block, but there is a frame gusset smack dab in the way of a direct mount filter. I have since acquired the lines from a remote mount M18, but not sure that line set will work with this particular tractor.
But first I brought my cub 129 home to swap it's motor for another k301 that I have here, a gray replacement series K301. I have no idea how old it is or # of hours on it. I'm hoping it's a fresher one than what I took off.
Looking in the intake port nim guessing it is much fresher. I had it running on a steady stream of gumout when I got it, but lotsa smoke. The carb on it wouldn't pass gas And needs rebuilt and rebushed. It'd been sitting a very long time when I found it on a 127 in the local junkyard. Though it hadn't been at the junkyard long. I'm there often. Had a couple of auction tags hanging from the steering wheel and only half a pto clutch. I don't think they ever got it running once the new motor was dropped in. Or if they did it wasn't used for any purpose that calls for a pto clutch.
Today I got the engine less 129 power washed and everything I'm gonna need on this other one to hear it run swapped from the existing engine, tomorrow I'm hoping to drop it into the frame and get it all hooked up and see if it will in fact run once I put the carb from the tired engine onto the replacement one, plus new points and condenser while it's out and readily accessible.
Once I verify it's condition I have to get a rebuild kit for the clutch that came off the 129s old engine and Pop that in/ then swap it out for the blown up GT19 so I can swap that engine out.

Had to mow today even though it was a bit chilly for awhile. Rain in the forecast tomorrow. First time this year I moved my son's old truck sitting in the back yard and the 2004 "Heep" also sitting in the back yard. Mowed where they were sitting too. Moved them to different positions so the grass will green up where they were.

MF12G ran and cut great!

DAC

Out of nowhere, DW asks, I ran out of room in the gardens. Could you till up another garden plot this weekend?

So, tilled in a new area, then ran 4 loads of manure compost over it. Tilled it again. DW & DD spent the afternoon planting over there.

I then swapped tiller for the mower. First time mowing this year. So checked over all the grease fittings, leveled the deck, checked the grearbox oil level and then headed out to mow. What was the back line ended up becoming the back young tree line. I must of taken out 20 saplings as tall as the tractor! It's not even Summer yet.

I got the replacement engine buttoned up and running, on the 129. So far, it's a smoker. Started right up easier than that tractor ever has, I put brand new points, condenser on it, (OEM Kohler) along with the carb from the original motor/ plus went thru and checked the valve clearance, put new gaskets on the breather, etc.... I had bushed that carb and rebuilt it, a couple of years ago. the one that came with the "new" motor, was all kinds of sloppy.
I had done all of that to the old motor, back when I got that machine a few years ago, as well..... the wire pulled out of the condenser body way too easy, I don't know how it ran like that at all..... that condenser wasn't that old, either.

The "new" motor starts too easy, and runs too good, to be a dud. I let it run about an hour, and idled it down, revved it up, several times/ after about the 1st 1/2 hour I put some Marvel and some Seafoam in the gas tank and let it sit and run about another 1/2 hour.... smokes out the exhaust not the breather. gray/black, not blue... but the carb adjusted in real easy, I did get this motor quite cheaply....I had high hopes for it, being the shroud has 2 stickers on it, one saying the engine was "rebuilt" by replacing the short block... it's "replacement Kohler engine" gray. they must have run the snot out of this one too, it seems. the 127 it came from, is older than my 129, after all. Worth what I paid, even if it is a core..... the narrow base Cub versions seem to switch to "unobtanium" when I need one. Plentiful when I don't. hopefully when I run the seafoam and Marvel out of it, and put "straight" gas in it and "work" it, the rest of the smoke goes away. Hopefully. Especially as how it isn't that badly carboned up, either......
It's got a cast iron pan, and someone on Ebay right now wants more for just a narrow block cast iron pan, than I paid for this whole motor.

When I originally got this replacement engine going, sitting on a moving dolly, it smoked a ton/ but I thought that was just because of how I had to feed it.... out of an aerosol can of Gumout..... and then a Windex bottle full of gas sprayed into the carb..... I didn't run it long that way, when I 1st got it.
but now, with a known good carb on it/ and taking gas from its tank as intended/ it still does it..... seemed like it might be letting up, the longer it ran though..... fingers crossed. At least it ain't bubbling out at the head-block seam.... and up the head bolt shanks, like the old motor did (and I put a head gasket on that old motor, less than 15 operating hours ago) It smoked badly too..... more, when the governor would kick in and I got into a heavy patch than all the time/ like this engine seems to want to do...... I haven't mowed with the 129 with this engine, yet. hopefully this other engine runs good enough, long enough for me to do an overhaul on the old one, allowing for the time I know it will languish in machine shop jail..... the shop that's done the last couple for me does great work, but are always backed up and don't get in a hurry for this small stuff.

I weeded my garden and used my MF7 and IH cart to haul them away. Then I hauled a load of rocks away that used to be around the flower beds that are getting redone. I need to find a Massey Ferguson cart to go with it.
F68ED487-584E-480E-A931-2B24FA36283D.jpeg44031141-7A8A-4406-ACAA-7ADFF75F8C8E.jpeg
I cut grass with my 1450. I didn’t get pictures today, these are from a couple weeks ago. Pretty much looks the same besides the trees being more green now.
A76D229A-3998-4CB8-949C-A706B92E53F9.jpegBD73F6CB-8C8F-4192-94BF-7C88A0BB1A1F.jpeg
Then I got my 149 back up mower ready. Sharpened the blades, greased the spindles and put the deck on. Didn’t get any pictures. I’ll probably use that next time I mow, I’ll get some then.

Back