What did you do with your tractor today?

Got home mid afternoon from errands and an on-site repair of a LT I had worked on before for a friend. Checked out the MF12G, fired it up and took down the 6"-10" growth since it had been 13 days since the last mow. Tried to mulch cut most of the time to not have grass clipping piles around in the yard and it seemed to work well. Never had to slow down and the HF engine in the tractor never bogged and no belts ever slipped. Did the ditch out front too since it is still dry. Got a couple of pictures during my half-way nature, water and gas break.

Have to clean the blower housing during that break too. That's the only issue this engine has, but the old HH120 would clog up too.
DSCN4387.JPG

It's a dirty job!
DSCN4388.JPG

Hard to tell in the pic. Still need to mow on the right.
DSCN4389.JPG

DAC

Cut my yard grass around 1:00 using the Cub 1050LT. It was so wet most of the morning from last nights unexpected rain. It was high so I cut the largest area shooting it on the inside then went back and forth working it into a long pile. I needed some cut grass for mulching the garden so I used the push mower and bagger to basically vacuum it up and dumping it in the yard cart while the MTD990 was in stand by position waiting to move around the yard.
B5386CDD-5BE4-40E5-985D-5469D45B2AEB.jpeg

I
Cut my yard grass around 1:00 using the Cub 1050LT. It was so wet most of the morning from last nights unexpected rain. It was high so I cut the largest area shooting it on the inside then went back and forth working it into a long pile. I needed some cut grass for mulching the garden so I used the push mower and bagger to basically vacuum it up and dumping it in the yard cart while the MTD990 was in stand by position waiting to move around the yard.
View attachment 54108
have a large area of 10"+ grass to cut also. Have an estate rake so makes raking in a windrow easy, then piling and picking it up. Maybe tomorrow.

Started to light till the garden to kill out the small weed that are coming. Second pass when I lowerd the tiller I heard a band, Was working to kept going. Got to the end to lift and no lift. Winch cable broke so have a repair job this morning.

I

have a large area of 10"+ grass to cut also. Have an estate rake so makes raking in a windrow easy, then piling and picking it up. Maybe tomorrow.

Started to light till the garden to kill out the small weed that are coming. Second pass when I lowerd the tiller I heard a band, Was working to kept going. Got to the end to lift and no lift. Winch cable broke so have a repair job this morning.
When I bought my Sears SS15 it had a nice original sickle bar on it but I chose not to buy that. At the time I had no use for it but I do now and I really regret it.

A crazy day today along with the weather. I did get to cut the other field grass with the Cub 1050LT. I hit a rock but no damage I got so mad. These blades are Gators and I had them so sharp. I just got done and was going to quit and finish my day late this evening. The rain lifted so I got the weed eater out finished up with that then I sprayed about 5 gallon of weed killer around the edges of both gardens and sprayed our gravel driveway. It was hot but I got it done, came in, got a shower, and ate. I think that will be it for anything outside for the rest of the week. We have highs in the 90’s with heat indexes to 109 so I’m staying in.

A crazy day today along with the weather. I did get to cut the other field grass with the Cub 1050LT. I hit a rock but no damage I got so mad. These blades are Gators and I had them so sharp. I just got done and was going to quit and finish my day late this evening. The rain lifted so I got the weed eater out finished up with that then I sprayed about 5 gallon of weed killer around the edges of both gardens and sprayed our gravel driveway. It was hot but I got it done, came in, got a shower, and ate. I think that will be it for anything outside for the rest of the week. We have highs in the 90’s with heat indexes to 109 so I’m staying in.
Don't blame you a bit for staying in Jim! You got a lot accomplished, so stay cool! Unfortuntely it looks like 100 degree stuff is going to hit us later this week and I will be at work. I get worried about breaking a blade on the MF12G since new ones can't be had any more! Member, Ted, Esbbent sold me a set of nice used ones a couple of years ago so that helped my worries a lot! Still wish new ones were in production though!

DAC

My do nothing today plan changed early this morning. I can’t sit around and do nothing very well. I got up early and weeded the raised beds, the onion bed was the worse. It felt relaxing that early, huge overcast, and just sit on a bucket with a cup of coffee as I moved down the rows. I got the MTD 990 out with the trailer load of grass clippings and spread that out between the raised beds. I won’t load a trailer with grass clippings no more unless I know I can get rid of it ASAP. It rained two days and I couldn’t empty it. I’ve never had clippings so hot I couldn’t hold my hand in it. While shoveling it out into a wheel barrel I had to walk away three times because of the methane gas. That stuff is dangerous. I washed the trailer out and the tractor wouldn’t start. I replaced the starter solenoid 4years ago and last year a couple of times it was acting up. I crossed the terminals to start it, parked it and quit for the day. I got a shower and it was 9:00 and I finally had breakfast. Blueberry pancakes, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
978BBC37-DBFB-4831-80CF-0C37C38B59FE.jpeg

Didn't start one up and don't plan to. Have some errands in town this evening and a meeting at 5:30. Grass needs mowing but not in this heat. Will raise the mower up an inch when we do mow again. Only one year we had brown grass in the 21 years we been out here and mowed one time to many at the lower setting. Never cut lower than 2" and most of the time 2½ - 3".

Grass cuttin day, today with the Case 224. Worked great. Gadget specs are, .9 of an hour to do the grass. Hydraulic system oil 122F, out side temperature 62F. 2700 rpm while cutting grass. To bad it doesn’t show volts.
Head lights on because in Canada, you have to have your daytime running lights on, you never know when you’ll meet an on coming garden tractor mower in your own yard. Hehe

Noel

Attachments

• BC7339CE-50CE-4560-9F78-6A17E6A4E665.jpeg
    BC7339CE-50CE-4560-9F78-6A17E6A4E665.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 6680633E-D84F-4AC1-9523-CDF4ADE60A77.jpeg
    6680633E-D84F-4AC1-9523-CDF4ADE60A77.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 7
I got my 916 out and mowed the alley yesterday and the wife mowed the rest of the yard with the Z. I looked out when she was in the back yard and she was going in circles and not cutting anything. I went out and stopped her so she could turn the deck back on, she had nocked a bird feeder off and shut everything down. She did get the oak tree forest mowed down. My 916 sure drinks the gas.

A 3 tank mow job, on a cub cadet 1200... Well maybe 2-1/2 tanks. I started with a 1/2 tank, ran out, filled, ran out again, filled, and though I didn't run out a 3rd time, not did I check what was left, I mowed very nearly as long on the last fill as I did on the previous fill.....

Both tractors out today. MF 16 and YT 16H Ford. Both 48” decks. About an hour and a half for my son and I. Not all grass done, but good enough. Price of fuel you know.

Not a bad Father’s Day thing. He and I doing stuff, and his son out in the mix of it all too.

Have a good day tomorrow dads.

Noel

Both tractors out today. MF 16 and YT 16H Ford. Both 48” decks. About an hour and a half for my son and I. Not all grass done, but good enough. Price of fuel you know.

Not a bad Father’s Day thing. He and I doing stuff, and his son out in the mix of it all too.

Noel
Nice family day mowing there, Noel. Hope you and your son had a great father's day, along with all the other Dad's reading this!

DAC

Noel
Me and my dad did the same thing yesterday with my 882 and 1450.
0C179AD7-9B65-468A-B6C1-497D7CF337D5.jpegCBC57A96-2D41-4F26-9DC0-EA991AB2084D.jpeg

Back