What are you currently working on??

Almost done with the MF610 mower deck.

Assembled the last two spindles.
DSCN2082.JPGDSCN2083.JPGDSCN2084.JPG

Got all the topside stuff mounted and after I put the pulleys on I remembered to put anti-seize on them. Scratched the deck paint some getting the darn things off again to put the silver stuff on them. Got the new belt on too. Install the blades and the rear roller then it's ready to put under the tractor.
DSCN2086.JPGDSCN2087.JPGDSCN2089.JPG
The zirks with the green caps are the vent side so the little bottom seal doesn't blow out greasing the spindles. Hopefully that and the roller bearings that are twice the size of the original MF ones will get more life out of the rollers.

DAC

If the work phone doesn't ring too much I should have the deck on the ground tomorrow. I put on the rear roller, bead blasted and painted the blades and caps. I'll flip it over, install them and get it on the floor. Maybe even on the tractor!

DAC

DSCN2102.JPGDSCN2104.JPG

Mowed for about 2 hours at church today, got some pretty wet areas.
Worked on my Yard machines mower this evening with twin 18hp Briggs, new starter and coil. Got it to run on starter fluid and trickling gas down carb. I pulled FP apart, gaskets are pretty dry and brittle. Tried a little oil on them but nothing. Just ordered a rebuild kit from Brian at Bolens parts and supply.

Used the White 1655 with the landscape rake and piled up the small brush out of the yard for the third time. Picked that up and hauled to the brush pile. Cleaned the weeds out of the tire bed, added top soil and planted 30 strawberry plants. Drank a beer, re-set the center post in the door opening at the goat barn. Didn't do it right last time so had to do it over. Loaded the blind, rubber mats, decoys, etc. in the Ranger & headed for the timber. Set up thew bling and staked out the decoys to see how they looked. Tossed the decoys in the blind, zipped the door shut and came home and quit for the day. Not used to that much activity in one day. 20 - 30% chance of light rain early morning most of tomorrow.

Got the MF610 mowing deck done and even under the tractor! I should take the wheel weights off the MF8E and put on the 12G yet.

Blades installed then set the whole assembly on the floor to get an idea how high the anti scalp roller should be off the ground.
DSCN2106.JPGDSCN2107.JPGDSCN2108.JPG

Then I drug out the crane and tractor. Raised the tractor to lube some zirks. Set it down, checked gear lube and air pressures then raised it some again to shove the deck under it. Leveled and done. Built a new deflector flap for it today too.
DSCN2113.JPGDSCN2114.JPGDSCN2116.JPG

DAC

One pound of pre cooked shredded chicken breast Covered in a couple cups of sauerkraut. Nice layer of 1000 island dressing baked at 350 untill it starts to bubble. Pull it out and cover with your favorite cheese. Back in the oven till the cheese bubbles. A shot of Tabasco don't hurt.
Don

Got the MF610 mowing deck done and even under the tractor! I should take the wheel weights off the MF8E and put on the 12G yet.

Blades installed then set the whole assembly on the floor to get an idea how high the anti scalp roller should be off the ground.
View attachment 24714View attachment 24715View attachment 24716

Then I drug out the crane and tractor. Raised the tractor to lube some zirks. Set it down, checked gear lube and air pressures then raised it some again to shove the deck under it. Leveled and done. Built a new deflector flap for it today too.
View attachment 24717View attachment 24718View attachment 24719

DAC

That sure is a beauty! I wish we had a 12 instead of the 7!

That sure is a beauty! I wish we had a 12 instead of the 7!
Thanks Aaron! The fresh painted deck kinda makes the rest of the tractor look like crap!

Today, since I was not "on call from 6am to 4:30pm we did a few chores in the house, ran into town to get meds, minor groceries and a new battery for the '55 GMC. Came home, got the battery in, picked up tools and junk from the projects lately and swept the floor.

DAC

I installed the transaxle on RED but broke the shifter tie rod. I looked it up at Jacks, P/N 532166230 $31.49 (ouch).
Went to McMasters Carr and found these. I comfirmed I can run a 1/4-28 tap into the threads, and the tie rod nut fits the stud.

Can someone check to see if these are what I need? Will replace both ends.
RH 6058K25 and LH 6058K222 (The RH is the broken one) $4.76 each.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg