What are you currently working on??

Out of motivation. With all the unsettled things going on at work. (big layoffs, idles, ect ect) I haven't felt a lot like getting out in the garage or doing much of anything.

I need to get to sanding on the Ranger and get it sprayed. Everything is sitting in the cab. Paint, Clear Coat, Sand paper, wax and grease remover, Tack clothes, mask, masking tape and paper. Plus the paint setup is completed and ready to spray. Need to pull the plug on the air tank and let it drain for a day or so to try to get as much moisture out as possible. I do have a small air dryer as well. Truck is sitting in the garage with the bed off waiting patiently!

Got the bottom steering shaft bushing out and dropped both tie rods for new bushings and one ball joint. Then found the hydro drive bet it shot, Chunks missing, cracks, etc. Gets a new one while I am this far into it. Moms mowing Cub 1018 so got to get it back up and running. Parts run first thing this morning.

Last edited:
Working the gardens today. Used the Ferguson tractor with 7' rear blade to level out the row humps, so it will be easier to till soon. If I don't do that, its like tilling out in rough waves, up down up down. And got to use the Ferguson tractor that haven't used since last fall. It was a lot of work !!!!!!

Noel

Out of motivation. With all the unsettled things going on at work. (big layoffs, idles, ect ect) I haven't felt a lot like getting out in the garage or doing much of anything.

I need to get to sanding on the Ranger and get it sprayed. Everything is sitting in the cab. Paint, Clear Coat, Sand paper, wax and grease remover, Tack clothes, mask, masking tape and paper. Plus the paint setup is completed and ready to spray. Need to pull the plug on the air tank and let it drain for a day or so to try to get as much moisture out as possible. I do have a small air dryer as well. Truck is sitting in the garage with the bed off waiting patiently!
It would help get your mind off the insanity, Aaron! Get out in the garage!

Working the gardens today. Used the Ferguson tractor with 7' rear blade to level out the row humps, so it will be easier to till soon. If I don't do that, its like tilling out in rough waves, up down up down. And got to use the Ferguson tractor that haven't used since last fall. It was a lot of work !!!!!!

Noel
Hope those tater bugs don't come back this year and drive you to the "Funny Farm" again Noel!

I tested the washing machine this morning and it sounds good. Might get another year or so out of it. Second time I put bearings in it so it ain't gonna last a lot longer. Buying time I guess. Just about have the wife's planter chairs done, hopefully I can turn her loose with a brush and linseed oil to soak them down with. Then I finally made time to dig out another stereo I have hoarded to replace my old shop player that the cassette players wore out on. Nope I don't play cassettes any more but I put an ipod adapter in the cassette player for MY music to play. Sounds good and working flawlessly! Then I drug my welding table away from the wall with all the other junk around it to do a thorough cleaning in that area. Now and then you have to do that whether it needs it or not---LOL!

Old stereo
stereo old.JPG

Newer stereo in place
stereo new.JPG

DAC

If I don’t plant any potatoes Doug, no potatoe bugs. Not sure what I’ll do yet. The bugs are the worse part of growin them. But if I plant, I could end up in the looney bin. That may not be good.

Noel

Got the big pine beside my driveway cut down.

Thats the last time that tree dumps pine sap and needles all over my freshly detailed car! 2 weeks ago I spent most of the day cleaning and waxing my car. Went back outside 2 hours later and found needles and sap all over it.

Not sure if the rings in a tree is true for years of growth but if so my daughter counted 72 rings.

I havrnt done S#!T all day.....

Needed to get my deck on the Sears but knew the crack in deck under lift handle needed fixed. It was worse than I thought once I tore I apart. I cleaned it up and used my HF 90 Flux core, my welds sucked today, I kept blowing threw even though I had it turned down, metal was pretty thin and not fun spot welding with flux. Most of it is covered up so really doesn't matter what it looked like, rest of deck is getting rough. Ended up finding a small piece of scrap to weld over a rust hole and to strengthen it a bit.

20200425_154248.jpg20200425_154254.jpg
20200425_163605.jpg
20200425_165110.jpg
20200425_174114.jpg

Then I started looking at the 48" deck I have that I want to refurbish. It has the wonderful peeling red paint just like that tractor it came on. Anyway, belt cover will not come off without removing the pulley. Never seen a sears pulley like this. Showed a few of my sears buddies, they've never seen this either. It is badged a Roper deck. Pulley has middle nut ,3 bolts and is also finned on the bottom. It is also 3/4" larger these the Sears decks.

20200425_172802.jpg
20200425_120659.jpg
20200425_120719.jpg
28292.jpeg
28293.jpeg

Had errands to run this morning which took longer than hoped, but got back to the shop and had to shift gears for a bit. Last night got a call from an old racer friend, that's going back at it again! He needs some yellow and red numbers cut to stick on the car he built. Got the doors and roof one done, still have a couple smaller details to cut but will do that in the morning. Still learning that new program. Hard to do at my age! He lives about a hundred miles away but will be in town tomorrow afternoon.

DAC

Last edited:
I got the new front axle installed in the DA 916 yesterday. Someone had cut the inner mount pit off. I went from cable internet to DSL and I thought the pic would never load.

DSC_0327.JPG

Found out it wasn't the fuel pump in the Polaris Ranger. Pick up tube rotted off right where is slips on the elbow from the tank insert. Put the old pump back on and it worked fine, till a short showed up. Yesterday to cut out all the old wiring for a radio that didn't work and the turn signals that were added on by PO some time. Finally found the short was in a wire going to the fuel pump. Could not find the bad place so slid of split sleeve over the whole length and took care of the problem.

So. Have to take the box off me truck. Bunch of rust. Box dropped last year on the front left corner. I did a quick fix you up. So, will see what I’m in for. Can’t go get a box off island, because travel not allow. And no good boxes here in Atlantic Canada anyway. Southern US rust free box would be good. I can paint it to match. But,,,, no body goin to US for that stuff now. Plus a used box would be 2011, which would be the newest. So selection is limited. Any way will see what I gunna do. And have too check frame. Could be some sort of wooden fix on box. That’s what my father would do. Never gunna look new again, Hehe. It’s amazing over time how a person is like their father.

Attachments

• 59CB74E4-ACC4-49D8-9A3C-E5E67D495AAA.jpeg
    59CB74E4-ACC4-49D8-9A3C-E5E67D495AAA.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 23F44F61-DC4C-417A-9B1D-B3379A84FA88.jpeg
    23F44F61-DC4C-417A-9B1D-B3379A84FA88.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 14
  • 6D06C177-F40C-4261-95EA-BB559E3CBBBB.jpeg
    6D06C177-F40C-4261-95EA-BB559E3CBBBB.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 7B73AF09-E572-4A6A-A876-8F599635A1AD.jpeg
    7B73AF09-E572-4A6A-A876-8F599635A1AD.jpeg