What are you currently working on??

Well I took the carb and fuel tank off this morning to clean everything. The carb was spotless except for two tiny black specks of something in the bottom of the fuel bowl, a couple more specks near the float. Got it all back together and runs real good except now it doesn’t want to start back up until a cool down of around 20 minutes. I checked for spark while hot and all is good with the coil. I pulled the plug and no arcing at all. I put in a good plug and it fired right up. It’s been starting and running as it should every time. I’ll sharpen his blade and take it back.
5689004C-962B-4298-AEB2-D4CA13A29AF3.jpeg98C4FAEC-624A-440C-8A98-06CEFE96F994.jpeg1E55911A-301F-417D-A555-5A78B7C9A49F.jpeg81BA6809-A290-4E28-ABDF-0F957BA7E35D.jpeg2E64E486-37EF-4AB3-94E7-9053C8330F73.jpeg

I had noticed the drag link ends on Alice's steering were getting very loose. Doing a search for new ends, I came across a thread on another forum suggesting to use ends from McMaster-Carr. Gave the part # so I looked them up:

Ordered a pair. Then I remembered I need some 1/2-20 all-thread. So I ordered that elsewhere, been cheaper to have gotten it all at one place.
The new ends are longer so I had to adjust the drag link length to accommodate them.
DSCN0338.JPG DSCN0339.JPG

I found a straight spot and cut 2-3/8" out, beveled the cut ends and welded it back together.
DSCN0342.JPG

I used blue lock-tite for the ends into the swivels, should work fine. The all thread pieces were cut 2-3/8" long also, give plenty of thread into each part. After the pics, I did some paint touch up and letting that dry before reinstalling the drag link.
DSCN0337.JPG DSCN0340.JPG DSCN0341.JPG
DSCN0343.JPG

Mainly one drag link that is the same on all three craftsmans. I did try modifying one (fail) and have another that I kept intact for a reference, but the swivels are about to fall out. Getting hard to find replacements, so just replacing the ends would be desirable.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 13
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 12
Honey do list yesterday. My son tossed some old fencing away a few months ago and Carol wanted it for some yard decor. Her outdoor bath tub :p needed propped up better. The chickens get under there and dig so I had to change some things. I first repaired the fence and made two sections like she wanted. I got rid of the 4x4’s under the tub and replaced them with some rocks. This thing weighs a ton plus all the dirt and flowers.
DEA1D552-EDEB-4914-910A-E5E927977211.jpeg72C0E1B0-AD53-4547-8E0E-F7DC084BD591.jpeg860297E4-1E95-4864-9E7C-A0698F8DE5F8.jpegC3CEBC5E-2E40-4E88-818F-06C2E9194ADE.jpeg

Need to move some things to get them out of the way for a Sea Can we have coming next Wednesday. Back 3 point blade to move, 16' gate, so hog panels to remove and store, couple steel post to pull, garden hose to hang up, Vines to pull off the garden, + etc. Think I will save some for tomorrow. Take a break and put up another game cam near my tree stand.

Honey do list yesterday. My son tossed some old fencing away a few months ago and Carol wanted it for some yard decor. Her outdoor bath tub :p needed propped up better. The chickens get under there and dig so I had to change some things. I first repaired the fence and made two sections like she wanted. I got rid of the 4x4’s under the tub and replaced them with some rocks. This thing weighs a ton plus all the dirt and flowers.
View attachment 59630View attachment 59626View attachment 59627View attachment 59629
My wife would love having some rustic old fence like that around her tub too, Jim! Fortunatly for me we haven't run across any---LOL! You got that right about the weight of those old iron tubs! Loree's has a bunch of rocks and broken concrete blocks in it first so it didn't take as much dirt to fill it. I hit that tub hard enough mowing one time and a leg came off. I had to do what you did and get the floor jack out to raise it and slide the leg back on. No damage to the MF12G. Rear tire hit the tub! Got a rabbit that likes to hang out under her tub.

Her job has been so dang hard on her this year she never got to put any flowers in it, unfortunately.

Unloading plant soil 008.jpg

DAC

Had to go into work this morning then I took the '55 and my gas cans to fill them up with non ethanol premium. Came home nearly $100 bucks poorer because i bought a 20 dollar bag of jerky that was 15 bucks a month ago!

Spent a couple hours on the computer working up a plan for lettering those slot car bodies and sorted some vinyl colors.

There had been some issues bothering me out in the shop bay that finally got me distracted though. I have small engines just taking up space I need for actual work so i did some rearranging, threw some crap in the garbage and got 5 of them on one shelf! There will be at least one more joining them. Now I can use the welding table again if I need it!

DSCN4616.JPG

DAC

Had to go into work this morning then I took the '55 and my gas cans to fill them up with non ethanol premium. Came home nearly $100 bucks poorer because i bought a 20 dollar bag of jerky that was 15 bucks a month ago!

Spent a couple hours on the computer working up a plan for lettering those slot car bodies and sorted some vinyl colors.

There had been some issues bothering me out in the shop bay that finally got me distracted though. I have small engines just taking up space I need for actual work so i did some rearranging, threw some crap in the garbage and got 5 of them on one shelf! There will be at least one more joining them. Now I can use the welding table again if I need it!

View attachment 59707

DAC
It seems like the welding table is a catch all. Mine is near my doors so it’s like a staging platform for things to be put back later.

Back