What are you currently working on??

Several years ago I picked up this cement mixed at an auction cheap. IMG_20221002_112302332.jpgI ended up having to put a new switch on the motor to get the motor to work. The biggest issue was moving it around, there were no casters on the frame. I had a dozer frame left over from my Case 195 due to finding an original frame. I ended up cutting the frame and rewelding it to make a frame for the mixer. IMG_20221002_121533838_HDR.jpgI added a drawbar to be able to pull it with a GT along with axle for some GT front tires. The new tires and rims will be here tomorrow.

Several years ago I picked up this cement mixed at an auction cheap. View attachment 59753I ended up having to put a new switch on the motor to get the motor to work. The biggest issue was moving it around, there were no casters on the frame. I had a dozer frame left over from my Case 195 due to finding an original frame. I ended up cutting the frame and rewelding it to make a frame for the mixer. View attachment 59754I added a drawbar to be able to pull it with a GT along with axle for some GT front tires. The new tires and rims will be here tomorrow.
Wow Ted, that's a pretty big mixer! You must have a lot of concrete work you want to do! I used to pour concrete for a living, and I'm afraid if I had one of those I would actually have to use it---LOL!

Nice job building the trailer. Looking forward to seeing it completed!

DAC

Several years ago I picked up this cement mixed at an auction cheap. View attachment 59753I ended up having to put a new switch on the motor to get the motor to work. The biggest issue was moving it around, there were no casters on the frame. I had a dozer frame left over from my Case 195 due to finding an original frame. I ended up cutting the frame and rewelding it to make a frame for the mixer. View attachment 59754I added a drawbar to be able to pull it with a GT along with axle for some GT front tires. The new tires and rims will be here tomorrow.
That’s a nice mixer and making it mobile will make it easier to maneuver. Keep us posted on your progress.

Just finishing up 4 weekends and some nights doing the porch and deck. whew.

20220917_133749 - Copy.jpg

20220917_155818 - Copy.jpg

One of the support posts rotted out. Had to dig over 8FT down to the slab.

20220924_180958 - Copy.jpg

My helper was doing strange things with the dirt above.

20220924_180925 - Copy.jpg

Then to unwind, we went to pick more ground cherries.

20220924_191636 - Copy.jpg

Just finishing up 4 weekends and some nights doing the porch and deck. whew.

View attachment 59767

View attachment 59768

One of the support posts rotted out. Had to dig over 8FT down to the slab.

View attachment 59769

My helper was doing strange things with the dirt above.

View attachment 59771

Then to unwind, we went to pick more ground cherries.

View attachment 59772
Why is a slab 8’ deep and how come you couldn’t go down to your frost line and pour another footer. Looks nice

I had to removed the 6 x 8 mud room and wood room when the basement went in. When I put the mud room back I laid a 4x4 across the floor joist and put 2 4X4 post from there down to the footing. The outside end settles about every 5-6 years but can jack it up and re-block it easy enough. Gets a lot of weight when a 8' row of wood 4' high is stacked in.

Why is a slab 8’ deep and how come you couldn’t go down to your frost line and pour another footer. Looks nice
I'm working against time, temperature and the huge task of getting the work done. It's well below the frost line. Just re-leveled the round slab and built it up again like the other 15 posts. This was the only one that rotted and of all places, yes the frost line zone. All the other 15 are perfect.

Won't be working on anything for the weekend. A week from today is our 44th anniversary, but my wife can't get any time off then. She would normally work a very long day tomorrow but due to some training early this week on normal days off, she has three days in a row off on the same days I have off! We made cabin reservations at Blue Bell Lodge in Custer State Park. We will stay up there and do some of the activities Saturday and Sunday night. I took next week off too so don't have to set foot at the plant for 10 days now!

Tonight after the day job I worked on those slot cars for a couple hours. Will need another full day to finish them.

DAC

Won't be working on anything for the weekend. A week from today is our 44th anniversary, but my wife can't get any time off then. She would normally work a very long day tomorrow but due to some training early this week on normal days off, she has three days in a row off on the same days I have off! We made cabin reservations at Blue Bell Lodge in Custer State Park. We will stay up there and do some of the activities Saturday and Sunday night. I took next week off too so don't have to set foot at the plant for 10 days now!

Tonight after the day job I worked on those slot cars for a couple hours. Will need another full day to finish them.

DAC
Happy Anniversary Doug to you and yours. Sounds like it’s going to be some well deserved time off and fun for both of you.

Fuel lines on a neighbors 01 Chevy truck. Only need 1 pc of steel line to the inlet side of the filter but it won't release from the plastic part of the line on the tank end. I have it uncoupled from the tank itself.
I see line kits anywhere from $250-430 but nobody local has them , Chevy themselves can't get me a replacement for the rotten line,
I have a hydraulic flaring tool with dies to make the ends needed, I will probably just replace the bad sections with plastic fuel line, I bought the fittings to go either way
The truck frame is so crusty underneath it isn't worth replacing them all, and the trucks owner is 87 years old himself and rarely drives it, he and his wife have an equinox that they drive and usually go everywhere together. I dunno if either the truck or it's owner will be around all that much longer. And fixed income, etc everything is kind of against putting the whole line kit on.
Nobody local can get them, don't have a listing, would have to order online and wait for delivery, I need this truck off of my lift, so I think it will be the plastic DIY line and fittings at least for now, if Virgil wants em all replaced (which somehow I think he will) this will make it usable while I wait for the new line kit to arrive.
I put a brake line kit on this same truck about 2 years ago when those rotted out

Happy Anniversary to both of you.

Fuel lines on a neighbors 01 Chevy truck. Only need 1 pc of steel line to the inlet side of the filter but it won't release from the plastic part of the line on the tank end. I have it uncoupled from the tank itself.
I see line kits anywhere from $250-430 but nobody local has them , Chevy themselves can't get me a replacement for the rotten line,
I have a hydraulic flaring tool with dies to make the ends needed, I will probably just replace the bad sections with plastic fuel line, I bought the fittings to go either way
The truck frame is so crusty underneath it isn't worth replacing them all, and the trucks owner is 87 years old himself and rarely drives it, he and his wife have an equinox that they drive and usually go everywhere together. I dunno if either the truck or it's owner will be around all that much longer. And fixed income, etc everything is kind of against putting the whole line kit on.
Nobody local can get them, don't have a listing, would have to order online and wait for delivery, I need this truck off of my lift, so I think it will be the plastic DIY line and fittings at least for now, if Virgil wants em all replaced (which somehow I think he will) this will make it usable while I wait for the new line kit to arrive.
I put a brake line kit on this same truck about 2 years ago when those rotted out
I had to have my break line replaced a few years ago on my 99 GMC, so far I don't have a problem with the gas lines.

Found my nemesis! I've had a good record at getting mowers back to running til this one. It's an Exmark 'LazerZ' with 72" deck. Kohler CH26S with EFI. Best I can figure is the computer died! And they are NLA for this machine. Can change to a different one for $1000+. Don't think a 20 yearold machine is worth that!

I finished up putting the wheels and tires on the cement mixer trailer. I will get pictures tomorrow of it hooked behind my MF12H. Most of the day was spent putting a water pump on my daughters 04 cavalier. I will finish it up tomorrow am. It is a major pain to replace, I would rather work on 3-4 tractors than do this job again.

Back