What are you currently working on??

I should move to Oklahoma! The MF8E is ready to push snow, and the little MTD walk behind blower is ready for the patio and sidewalks! If I had to, the blade could go on the MF12G but no plans for that right now. I have thought seriously about adapting that blade to the MF1450. Would need chains. I have a new set of automotive 15" chains but there should be more cross links to work well on a GT. I'll roll the dice that what is ready is all that will be needed!

Noel, you are a better man than me if you lifted that snow thrower off of a table to the floor by yourself! Hurts me just to think about it! You are getting the snow movers taken care of in good time!

DAC

I’m certainly not a better man Doug. I’m a SS model. Stupid, Stubborn. Hehe. Should not be doing that any more.
Ya tractors are coming along. At least now I’ve got the worry of not having them ready over now. I’ve got some thing to use, if needed. Hopefully not.
The MF 1450 would make a good plow tractor Doug.

Noel

I got tipped off by a new friend about a MF1655-1855 rear pto cover auction on epay a couple weeks ago. We weren't sure it would fit a MF1450 but he measured his 1650 and the 1655 measurements seemed the same. I have no rear attachments that can be operated with a rear pto yet, but it won't work correctly without the cover. We were on our mini vacation so I couldn't get to the PC to bid. The seller re-newed the auction again after we got home so I bid minimum-$40 bucks. Won the auction and the part arrived a couple days ago. Looks to be in great shape. The seller bead blasted it and sprayed it with white Rust-Oleum primer.

View attachment 60768

I measured the MF1450 tonight best I could, and the bolt hole measurements are right so it will fit. Figured I'd pick up some Rust oleum MF Red and paint it. Looks like MF red with that paint company is out of stock everywhere, even internet stores. I want to use the same brand paint to be compatible with the primer. Ended up ordering a can of Rust oleum Ford red engine paint. I have used that with MF parts before and there is virtually no difference. Don't know when it will get installed but there are several parts that need to go on it one of these days.

DAC
If I had known you needed one, I have a spare....I think I do anyway.

I’m certainly not a better man Doug. I’m a SS model. Stupid, Stubborn. Hehe. Should not be doing that any more.
Ya tractors are coming along. At least now I’ve got the worry of not having them ready over now. I’ve got some thing to use, if needed. Hopefully not.
The MF 1450 would make a good plow tractor Doug.

Noel
SS---LOL, Noel! Think I can fit into that model description too, but I have an overhead crane and cherry picker to try to move stuff that heavy. I have no help and don't have the muscle any more for such things! The MF1450 probably could do a good job after adapting the blade, getting chains and figuring out something for wheel weights! Not willing to fluid fill tires that may be close to showing the inside. There again I don't have the muscle to handle fluid filled tires anymore either.

If I had known you needed one, I have a spare....I think I do anyway.
Thanks, Daniel, I already have a couple of parts from you that aren't yet installed on the MF1450! It was just a spur of the moment thing, I really wasn't looking for that cover since I have no pto driven attachments, but it was there, and I could afford it at the time. I had already found out that the pto doesn't stop correctly without it, so I took the chance on buying it, just in case---LOL!

DAC

Last edited:
Cleaned out the chicken coop. Ram the temporary power up for the heat lamp and water trough heater.

Cleaned out rabbit cages and got them ready for straw.

I let the 2 pet bunnies out to hop around the yard. They just follow you around. The rest of them will run off so they have to stay caged

Helped the son on Friday evening and a few hours on Saturday replace the ball joints and driveshaft ujoints on the driver's side of his Dodge Ram 2500, what a royal PITA. Even with the press, we had to heat and beat the hub off and ball joints out. I removed the ujoints from the half shaft. My goodness, I'm sore everywhere from squatting in the gravel and swinging the hammer....not to mention a sore thumb from missing the punch.
Him and a buddy did most of the passenger side last week, but I did help a little with that one.

I’m 68 and other than a few recalls I’ve only had a car to a shop one time in my life. At 18 I was souping up a 283 in my 64 Impala and had a miss I couldn’t figure out. I took it to a shop to find out it was a bad plug wire. That’s when I learned that new doesn’t mean it’s good. By the way the guy used an oscilloscope, I told you I was old lol.

They may be old but they worked if the guy running them knew what he was doing. Kind of liker the old wheel alignment and
n head lamp aiming. Im 82 and don't heal near as fasts, move in octopus positions and still be able to hold a can of beer when/if I manage to find my feet again.

My wife's 2021 goes to the dealer. All our other beaters are my job to maintain and repair. I have to plan before I get on the floor to slide under one of them so there is something to get ahold of to get up! I won't work in the gravel anymore! It hurts my knees bad enough to kneel on a concrete floor, but when I have to put air in tires or something like that out in the gravel, dang that really hurts! I usually take something to kneel on when I have to do that!!

A co-worker recently bought one of those huge engine analyzer oscilloscopes with the big arm that swings out with all the cables hanging off of it. It's not "Sun" brand, but I can't remember what he said. Another co-worker's mom and dad recently had to move to assisted living and he had that scope on his farm in southern Nebraska. I could use one 45 years ago but would be lost now! It will be fun to see one again! He didn't really buy it for hardcore engine analysis but intends on using it some. He has close to 20 old cars and trucks and tons of old automotive memorabilia. It will be a nostalgic part of his collection.

DAC

I had to unhook the horns on my sister's 2010 Dodge Journey last night, they just randomly honk. She said it did it half the night yesterday. I got on the tube and found out the horn switch in the steering wheel develops shorts to ground and as they sit, they will turn themselves on. I maybe able to fix it, parts from Chrysler are $150 or more.
It also threw a code for the intake manifold blend valve. Auto zone replacement is over $300, nothing at Rockauto. I can only imagine what the dealer price would be.
My family and I need to quit buying this Chrysler junk :rolleyes:

The Huskee GT developed a vibration when deck kicked on. It appears I somehow bent the motor driver pulley slightly. I tried to get it off tonight; heated and used a gear puller. Didn't move at all and I just bent the lower pulley even more. I'm leaving puller on with pressure hoping it will pop, but if not, I may have to pull the motor and get it off. It may get pushed under the cover and worked on in the spring.:(

Just finished round 2 of 2022 leaf harvest, watching them smoke and smolder in the end of the gravel driveway now. Round 1 was Saturday.
I haven't gotten up there yet to do the gutters that will probably happen this weekend along with round 3.

There now. I think I have the John Deere carb issue fixed. Will see when I have to use it. I think the main trouble was the needle sticking in the seat. Changed the filter. Didn’t seem dirty, but harder to blow thur than the new one. Put it’s a different type of filter. Put fresh high test gas in too.
I have have trouble with those paper type filters before. The Case 224 would not pull gasoline thru with the fuel pump. Put one of those white filters on and it worked fine.
Those white filters have a better screen in them than the same type red ones.

Attachments

• 0D900E06-8D03-45D4-AC93-855CAA6CEF71.jpeg
    0D900E06-8D03-45D4-AC93-855CAA6CEF71.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DFA0E9F6-77C2-4EE6-BF28-65EC3D0FB68E.jpeg
    DFA0E9F6-77C2-4EE6-BF28-65EC3D0FB68E.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 31796C11-D7E8-45D8-A4DB-0229B01973F6.jpeg
    31796C11-D7E8-45D8-A4DB-0229B01973F6.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 8
  • E3FF2501-18BD-42D6-9C34-3BFF7BC10864.jpeg
    E3FF2501-18BD-42D6-9C34-3BFF7BC10864.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 47FAA0D8-AFEC-4B44-ACB9-F988163F459D.jpeg
    47FAA0D8-AFEC-4B44-ACB9-F988163F459D.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 9
There now. I think I have the John Deere carb issue fixed. Will see when I have to use it. I think the main trouble was the needle sticking in the seat. Changed the filter. Didn’t seem dirty, but harder to blow thur than the new one. Put it’s a different type of filter. Put fresh high test gas in too.
I have have trouble with those paper type filters before. The Case 224 would not pull gasoline thru with the fuel pump. Put one of those white filters on and it worked fine.
Those white filters have a better screen in them than the same type red ones.
Filters are a hit and miss we never know how they are made inside. The paper filters are suppose to be for fuel pumps only and the little white one like you have are for gravity flow. I have both but like you some tractors I have had are particular.

Filters are a hit and miss we never know how they are made inside. The paper filters are suppose to be for fuel pumps only and the little white one like you have are for gravity flow. I have both but like you some tractors I have had are particular.

This filter was on there since last year. Tractor worked good all last winter with it. No fuel pump on this tractor, gravity feed to carburetor. Any way, it seems to be working now. Will see how it goes Jim.

Noel

That tractor is well equipped, Noel! Is a JD140 a K321? No fuel pump? I see a block off plate under that fuel line. Originally, I had a red screen type filter on the K321 in the MF1450 and the fuel pump wasn't pulling well through it. Put a paper one on it and it's been good so far. Never ran across those white ones.

DAC

Back