What are you currently working on??

And this is coming from a guy who can sit and listen to auto racing all day.. ;)
Well Bill, working on running race engines and being in the pits for 35 years probably was a big contributor to going deaf. Still music to my ears though, on TV or in person! Nothing annoying about it! Doves on the other hand----!!

That is when you get hearing aides, I am deaf enough I can hardly hear without them.
I've not been wanting to spend the money on expensive hearing aids jut to have them not work, Rad. Can't afford to do it twice or more. I have a couple friends that spent over 5 grand and the hearing aids they bought are useless. All they did was magnify the "noise" not the important stuff.

DAC

The last few days have been mainly cleanup. I loaded almost a yard of mulch on Thurs from my niece who ordered way too much and needed it to be gone. Friday I cleaned up all the twigs/branches etc from her yard so I could mow. Saturday, I had a church men's breakfast, then mowed the niece's yard, came home unloaded my small trailer that my sister loaded with leftover deck materials and some landscape block. Then I had to clean up my yard from tree debris, 3 wheel barrow loaded of just small limbs and twigs, 2 big to just mulch. Mowed the yard, then picked up the front yard from all the cottonwood twigs so I can mow that today. I so want to get back to working on the carport.

These 2 are always a big help :rolleyes:

20241005_162016.jpg

Well Bill, working on running race engines and being in the pits for 35 years probably was a big contributor to going deaf. Still music to my ears though, on TV or in person! Nothing annoying about it! Doves on the other hand----!!

I've not been wanting to spend the money on expensive hearing aids jut to have them not work, Rad. Can't afford to do it twice or more. I have a couple friends that spent over 5 grand and the hearing aids they bought are useless. All they did was magnify the "noise" not the important stuff.

DAC
Hearing aids are big $$ grab from the word go. After the third pair and 6-8 years I finally got a pair that work fairly well. I got mine through the Va and they have a contract with the brand they use for a no cost repair/replace. Been on my backup pair for going on 3 weeks now as the left one on my good pair had no volume. That pair has several levels that can be adjusted from the earpiece. I turn the volume up on high when I am sitting in the deer blind. Would I spend the $3k that Carolyn did for her aids, probably if I got a written guarantee that I was 100% satisfied. The big issue with hearing aids is the technician sets them up inside a small room. That is NOT the environment we live in but try and tell them that.

Got the blind up on the tower platform this morning. 7' round blind, tower is 7' to the flatform. Few more additions and will be ready to hunt if it ever cools down. Deer are not moving when it is 84° F out there.

View attachment 86498
Saw these on FB Roger. Maybe you seen them already. Kind of cool but you need a fat wallet. In the tune of $14k.
Screenshot_20241009-103413.png

Back at clearing out the unused end of the storm damaged wood shop today. Get a bunch of loose stuff cleared out, couple cabinets off the one wall and can cut the tin roof off and get rid of it. I have the steel to cover that end, but it is under a roof laying up side down. Haven't got a guy to get here yet to roll it over. 16 X 32 with steel, 2x6 rafters and all the nailers attached.

Back at clearing out the unused end of the storm damaged wood shop today. Get a bunch of loose stuff cleared out, couple cabinets off the one wall and can cut the tin roof off and get rid of it. I have the steel to cover that end, but it is under a roof laying up side down. Haven't got a guy to get here yet to roll it over. 16 X 32 with steel, 2x6 rafters and all the nailers attached.
A lot of good lumber and steel in that roof, Roger! I bet lumber out this way may be harder to get for awhile when rebuilding in North Carolina and Florida gets rolling. I see them bulldozing up so much salvageable lumber in clean up videos, it hurts my feelings!

DAC

I know what you mean. The labor to clean it up and get it usable again makes it cost prohibitive. Can't make prisoners do anything like that anymore.

I figure there is about $1500 worth of material laying in the roof. Part of it I want to use to close in the end of the wood shop trailer.

Back