What are you currently working on??

re: Brinley decals. Contact Brinley and they will send you decals if your "restoring" Brinley equipment. I got them for my plows and they sent some others of their newer design, no charge. Old original design are NLA. I would guess they would still do this as they did for me a couple years ago.
I sent their customer service an question about the decals for the PP-1200 (12" 3-point plow) i have repainted. We'll see if they can come up with decals for it. They are rectangular instead of oval.

I sent their customer service an question about the decals for the PP-1200 (12" 3-point plow) i have repainted. We'll see if they can come up with decals for it. They are rectangular instead of oval.
I'll check and see what I have left. I think the ones I got were oval also, couple sizes. Square ones my be the ones they don't have any more. I sent a couple photos of my plow and disk along with the request just so they knew I wasn't jerking their chain.

Got the throttle fixed on the Cub Diesel. Core was bent over at the top. Removed it all, straightened the core out and lubed them up good. Back together and working good. Had to do some tension adjustments. Found the air cleaner loose again. Tried to tighten it up one more time. Hard to get at the bolts and nuts without taking a bunch of other stuff off. When I do that I will take weld the nuts to the bracket so I con work from the front to keep it tight, along with some blue thread locker.

I upgraded my work bench top today. Had the top off an old Kitchen island for a few years. Cut it to fit and took off the single thickness 3/4" plywood. This is 2 sheets screwed and glued together. Much better top and I anchored it to the wall better. Very solid now. Even have some Formica left on it!
DSCN4768.JPG

Split some Cherry wood yesterday with the electric splitter. Anybody lookin for a tractor operated hydraulic splitter. Hehe. So today I'm sittin in the garage waiting for the hurricane to hurry up and move on. Gusts of 90 Kilometers now. Should be moved away by early Sunday morning.

Noel

I need to get a little wood split up. Have a family get together here the 21st and do most of the cooking on the fire pit so need to get some wood ready for it. Getting rain now, wood spliter hasn't been started for a year so who knows. Naw, its a old cast iron Briggs and bet it will fire on second pull of the rope at most. Probably should put some fresh gas in though.

No tractor stuff today. Moved stuff in the kitchen and dining room, painted the walls so now all the painting is done in the house! Lots of stuff to cut around so a lot of brushwork.

DAC

No tractor stuff here either. Used the ranger to toss a bunch of over ripe cucs in to haul around to the goat pasture. Cut them up in chunks to they can get at them better, Old rooster likes to get in with them and go after the seeds.

Friday I spent almost 6 hours just replacing door hinges and knobs, who knew it would take that long. Almost every handle had to he taken apart cause they have the "swish" type handle and of course they were upside down with how I had to mount the mechanisms.
Buddy of mine said he hit a rock and bent a blade on his rider.... worst I've ever seen.

Also got me some new tools over the weekend, a new Ryobi 18v sander, an 18v 6amp battery, an 18v Ryobi 1 gal portable air compressor....and my big purchase, a Hitachi jobsite table saw, regularly 499, lowes had marked down to 299. It had high Mark's and reviews on youtube videos. Tired of borrowing my buddy's portable one and my shopsmith is too big to move around. My wife got a $1900 upgrade to her wedding ring for our 25th anniversary, I can get a few tools:thumbs:

Saturday evening was spent inside my water cistern, I will start a different thread on the "fun" :rolleyes:

20190907_120120.jpg

Had to dig out a couple more tabels, getting a lot of parts done, Now only if the new parts would ship I could start putting things together.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 10
Still worked on the kitchen second coating a couple areas and putting down some of the baseboard that had to be removed. When my wife got home from church activities we had to run some errands, buying some chicken feed, then delivered the "goods" to our "supplier". We get all the eggs we can eat but feel like we should pay something so we buy bags of feed since she won't take any money.

DAC

You have a good deal there, trading bags of feed for hen fruit. Only thing you miss out on is keeping the repairs, the coon and Opossum away and the clesn out affterwards.

We used to get duck eggs from her too, but mountain lions got the ducks. Her chickens seem to survive somehow. I think she's got a lot of chickens though. I sure don't need the chores associated with actually having chickens!

DAC

I don't usually run erronds with the Ms. She takes off and goes her way and does the shopping. I don't shop. I know what I am after, and sometimes even know where it is at, if they didn't move it from the last time. Yesterday I pulled the rear end plate off the 1650 Cub. Only way to drain the hydro. Never been changed since May of 1979 when it was built. That paper gasket is really stuck to both surfaces. Using a razor blade scraper to get it all off. Had to use a cold chisel and hammer to knock the plate loose, then pry it off.

Working on a JD Sabre! What a POS! He wanted a new drive belt. Got the deck off and found one part (tensioner) broke and another part missing. Plus the deck belts and tensioner spring need replaced. Parts ($150) may get here in a week! This thing is stupid and very hard to do anything to!

Working on a JD Sabre! What a POS! He wanted a new drive belt. Got the deck off and found one part (tensioner) broke and another part missing. Plus the deck belts and tensioner spring need replaced. Parts ($150) may get here in a week! This thing is stupid and very hard to do anything to!
I had one JD machine and will never have another Green on on the place. My neighbor is the opposite. About every piece of farm equipment he has is green. They own a lot of stock in JD and Polaris. Might have something to do with it.

I had one JD machine and will never have another Green on on the place. My neighbor is the opposite. About every piece of farm equipment he has is green. They own a lot of stock in JD and Polaris. Might have something to do with it.
I have several JD's now and they are much easier to work on than this thing. Parts can be found other than Mother Deere.

Back