What are you currently working on??

Brought some rough sawed cedar strips up from the machine shed to cut down to 5/8" and 3/4" square pieces. Will use them to build a new bridge for the garden railroad. Will be heading out to the shop shortly to work on the snow blower. Ran great when I got it down to the machine shed this past spring. Started it the other day and would only run with the choke about 3/4 on. Dirt in the carb. Before I moved it this morning I looked in the tank with a flashlight. Seen some stuff on the bottom that moved around when I bumped the machine. Time to clean the carb and fuel tank so I don't have to mess with it this winter when it quits all together in the middle of a snow bank.

Cleaning up tonneau cover I got cheap,,,of course. Paint is drying now. I'll use it during winter only. I like that there are no nuts or bolts to fasten it to truck. The hardware is just too simple
Painted lid Friday, and sourced a factory handle, just have to get some lift supports

Attachments

• IMG_5546.JPG
    IMG_5546.JPG
    166.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5599.JPG
    IMG_5599.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Plowed snow the last couple of days. The tractor I am using doesn't seem to want to turn on ice/snow, so I tried to fix that today. I got some chain and wrapped it lengthwise around the front tires. I let the air out and put it on as tight as I could and put the air back in. I hope they stay on as it does seem to steer better.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 7
Finished 200 of those stickers last night. The guy came and got them at noon today. Had some stuff to do in the house and finally got out to the shop about the time the race got over. Put the new carb on the '55, got a switched 12V wire ran to the electric choke and everything ready for a start-up. I'll try to do that tomorrow while the sun is still up!

DAC

That snow looks just right for some old fashion snow ice cream.

No tractor work lined up. Finish up brushing in a ground blind for deer hunting later this morning. Check some of the other game cams to make sure I got the date change on them, found out I didn't on one. Finish up the plans for the new truss type wood bridge for the outdoor railroad. Have a freight/passenger station to finish up also. Next spring have about 20 ft. of road bed to replace. Used 2 X 6 several years ago as that is what I had, used on hand. Will replace that with gravel and 2' cap block to lay the track on.

I was wondering about the new carb Doug. Should fix it right up.

Noel

Thanks Noel, I had to go into town for softener salt and chicken feed plus a couple other errands so didn,t get back home 'till about 2:30. Had the old truck running well by 3! It cold started great, fast idle seemed about right (I didn't put the tach-dwell meter on it yet), turned the slow idle down a bit after it warmed up and a very slight idle mixture screw adjustment was all it needed! Took it for a test drive out on the highway, and the throttle response is much better than the old carb, then drove it around on the country roads a bit out here just to see if it felt alright stopping and starting in normal driving. So far so good! Put it back in the shop about 4 and decided to change the oil too. Cleaned the windows, picked up tools, while it was draining. I like it for now, hopefully it will last. Switching from a Rochester M (manual choke) the Rochester MV (electric choke) clone carb will be a bit of a chore to get used to after 10 years of reaching for the choke cable pull!

DAC

New carb1.JPGnew carb2.JPG11-18-19.JPG

That’s great that the 55 is working better Doug.
I got another tractor and a snowblower done today. All serviced and checked over. Every thing works. Had to replace the battery. Still have to put the weight box on.

Noel

Attachments

• 87376B4D-9B74-4CAA-8301-ABE11400D2D8.jpeg
    87376B4D-9B74-4CAA-8301-ABE11400D2D8.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 54EFC57B-7660-419F-AD9C-765FD5EFE768.jpeg
    54EFC57B-7660-419F-AD9C-765FD5EFE768.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 59E86B66-D73D-4DF2-8D9B-68F1DEE508E3.jpeg
    59E86B66-D73D-4DF2-8D9B-68F1DEE508E3.jpeg
    203.1 KB · Views: 3
Back