What are you currently working on??

Did the spring check of the well and pump this morning after some in-house chores. took out the heat light thermostat so it won't turn on anymore. Kicked on the pump and it's starting to get pretty noisy. Coming from the motor. It's older than dirt so I spent a couple hours on the internet looking for possible replacements. May get one soon just to have on hand if the old one quits.

DSCN2031.JPG

Then I worked on the MF 610 cutting deck for a few hours. Got the cracks welded and repaired the anti scalp roller bracket and pin. I had used a 1/2" bolt several years ago but it would spin which egg-shaped the bracket holes and sawed into the bolt. Found another bolt then welded a big washer to it after bending the edges to fit the bracket. Pin won't rotate any more. Just the roller will spin.

anti scalp roller1.JPG

DAC

Was in the shop working on the Ranger S X S. Got the old ball joint out and new ones in. Cleaned up the lower end of the struts, remounted them, hubs back on, A frame and steering arms connected. All tightened down to specs. Will put the new front brake pads on, mount the calipers, bleed the fronts out and put the wheels back on. Glad this project is about done. Time to get a mower in and ready to go. Grass is green and the goats are loving it.

Got most of the MF610 deck cleaned up for paint today. I mainly used those free flap disks a lot of us got from Benchmark Abrasives. They worked great and both grits I used still have life in them. Used a 120 on the outside and a 40 on the inside. Still have hand work to do, but getting close. The two part epoxy paint I'm using on the underside will stick great the way it is but the outside still needs handwork. I couldn't remove the gearbox due to the pulley being stuck hard enough none of the penetrating oils I used would allow it to budge. I didn't want to destroy that pulley to get it off. I already took the side plate off and packed some fresh grease into it. The el-cheapo Harbor Freight grinder also withstood nearly 4 hours of abuse! Thought I smelled electrical burning a couple times but it kept running! Maybe I can get the paint on the underside tomorrow, weather permitting. No new cracks appeared so hopefully the welding is done. I'm thinking that cutting off those studs that are for the pulley covers would be ok. I can't use the covers anyway, tried that, and this tractor already has been modified so much that it's only value is a workhorse, not a restored for show original.

DAC

DSCN2040.JPGDSCN2042.JPG

I should take my deck to you. And you could fix’er all up fer me Doug. Hehe.

Your lucky there is no travel allowed now. Hehe.

Lookin good Doug. Are you running out of time to get it done before the grass cuttin starts. ?

Noel

Back