Over the last couple day I put Ag tires on the DA 916 and got a battery for my ZT. Now if I can get the 916 out of the shed through the lake in front so I can pick up the limbs that have blown out of the oak trees.
No pics (sorry) but I killed a bunch of dandelions. Easy enough to do, just run a sharpshooter in under the main growth to cut the root! Rakked leaves from the corner of the fences and mowed what I could get to. Then weedeated the rest. So much for the first mowing!
Did the spring check of the well and pump this morning after some in-house chores. took out the heat light thermostat so it won't turn on anymore. Kicked on the pump and it's starting to get pretty noisy. Coming from the motor. It's older than dirt so I spent a couple hours on the internet looking for possible replacements. May get one soon just to have on hand if the old one quits.
Then I worked on the MF 610 cutting deck for a few hours. Got the cracks welded and repaired the anti scalp roller bracket and pin. I had used a 1/2" bolt several years ago but it would spin which egg-shaped the bracket holes and sawed into the bolt. Found another bolt then welded a big washer to it after bending the edges to fit the bracket. Pin won't rotate any more. Just the roller will spin.
Was in the shop working on the Ranger S X S. Got the old ball joint out and new ones in. Cleaned up the lower end of the struts, remounted them, hubs back on, A frame and steering arms connected. All tightened down to specs. Will put the new front brake pads on, mount the calipers, bleed the fronts out and put the wheels back on. Glad this project is about done. Time to get a mower in and ready to go. Grass is green and the goats are loving it.
Got most of the MF610 deck cleaned up for paint today. I mainly used those free flap disks a lot of us got from Benchmark Abrasives. They worked great and both grits I used still have life in them. Used a 120 on the outside and a 40 on the inside. Still have hand work to do, but getting close. The two part epoxy paint I'm using on the underside will stick great the way it is but the outside still needs handwork. I couldn't remove the gearbox due to the pulley being stuck hard enough none of the penetrating oils I used would allow it to budge. I didn't want to destroy that pulley to get it off. I already took the side plate off and packed some fresh grease into it. The el-cheapo Harbor Freight grinder also withstood nearly 4 hours of abuse! Thought I smelled electrical burning a couple times but it kept running! Maybe I can get the paint on the underside tomorrow, weather permitting. No new cracks appeared so hopefully the welding is done. I'm thinking that cutting off those studs that are for the pulley covers would be ok. I can't use the covers anyway, tried that, and this tractor already has been modified so much that it's only value is a workhorse, not a restored for show original.