What are you currently working on??

Sad to say I have been very neglect in my care of the 48-M for my Homelite T-16 H. I started many years ago and got injured and set it aside. During that time a lot has transpired, not an excuse just life. I will get back on it this winter and get it done. Once done it will get mounted back on and will be used to mow once in a while.
We have been spending a lot of time getting the new shed done, expanding the mowable yard and cleaning the property as we go. Time consuming and labor intensive. Glad I'm doing it now that I am retired vs trying to do all this while working.
Hope you all have a great day and stay safe.
I can understand your scheduling very well. I’ve been retired for about six years and still find it hard to finish things. I get so side tracked I’ve worked in several projects in a day but still not much finished.

being by myself was a good thing because I can only nail off a smaller area before having to straighten up and rest a moment. :p

thats kinda the same thing as cutting logs into rounds, or spliting wood and stacking wood Jim. Sometimes it’s just nice to be by yourself so ya can take a break when you want, instead of trying to keep up with every body, if you get any help.

Noel

Yeah Noel when I cut wood it’s about 45 minutes by tractor or 15 minutes by ATV from the house. I tell my wife when I’m going and check in by cell phone a few times. I pack plenty of coffee and snacks and just enjoy myself alone with nature.

I finished up washing the house siding this morning. Started it about a month ago. Got sidetracked on various other things. With the heat I don't do a lot in the afternoons. Took about as long to get everything out, 10' step ladder, sprayer with the soap solution, hose to the pressure washer, etc. than it did to actually do the washing. Vinyl siding been on for around 15 years and first time for a through cleaning. It was ready.

lunch time, Had to get out of the shop, im in the middle of a water pump job on a garbage truck. Got 2 other trucks apart that parts are here for, that I want to finish up first/and the damn boss is getting rammy about gettin' this one in so we can all gag and choke....... and piss me off in the process of his being so rammy....
I wanted to go do it as a service call instead of having it towed in.....outside in the breeze

lunch time, Had to get out of the shop, im in the middle of a water pump job on a garbage truck. Got 2 other trucks apart that parts are here for, that I want to finish up first/and the damn boss is getting rammy about gettin' this one in so we can all gag and choke....... and piss me off in the process of his being so rammy....
I wanted to go do it as a service call instead of having it towed in.....outside in the breeze

If you want it your way start your own business. The boss may not always be right but he is always the boss. Look at the bottom right of your pay check once.

While I know what you mean, his name is nowhere on my check.i work for the state.and he usually ain't like that but there are times that he becomes hell bent,, no rhyme or reason for when he does. considering I'm in the middle of 2 other jobs on International 7400 ("3 ton" ) at the same time, that I'd have rather been allowed to finish before starting a 3rd big truck, it made no sense. Especially since I have the parts now for the 1st 2 and nothing for this one, now I get to struggle to breathe while I wait for parts. I'd have rather waited to start this job once I see the new water pump be delivered.

Last edited:
While I know what you mean, his name is nowhere on my check.i work for the state.and he usually ain't like that but there are times that he becomes hell bent,, no rhyme or reason for when he does. considering I'm in the middle of 2 other jobs on International 7400 ("3 ton" ) at the same time, that I'd have rather been allowed to finish before starting a 3rd big truck, it made no sense. Especially since I have the parts now for the 1st 2 and nothing for this one, now I get to struggle to breathe while I wait for parts. I'd have rather waited to start this job once I see the new water pump be delivered.

Sounds like how our city handles jobs too. I work at a wastewater plant and have to haul dewatered sludge to the dump quite often. Dump stinks way worse than our plant! City mechanics don't complain as much about our trucks either!

DAC

A leaking exhaust manifold gasket…two bolts broke so easiest way to access is remove 8 bolts and the front clip lifts off.
As noted before. Every 10 minute job is only 1 broken bolt from a 3 day adventure
I had 3 broken. Only the one in picture came out easy, other 2 needed nut welded on

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 5DAF5B8B-1543-486C-A4F9-B6FBB9174874.jpeg
    5DAF5B8B-1543-486C-A4F9-B6FBB9174874.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back