What are you currently working on??

That looks good Kenny! I don't blame you for doing some spot repairs, but when it feels like 143F! Man you must have got toughened up to that when in 'Nam! Sounds unbearable to me!

The hydroboost seal job in my wife's '06 Denali was a lot tougher than expected, mainly because of having to work under the dash to remove 4 long winded nuts and a difficult clip that holds on the brake rod and brake light switch. My arms got some pretty big bruises trying to work around under the dash. Anyway the brakes work well again but it appears there is still a seep of power steering fluid dang it! I wasn't super impressed with the seal so it was possibly defective. It said "made in USA" too. I ordered a couple more different ones but when they get here I'm not taking the whole thing off the firewall to save the under-dash nightmare. I'm going to split the hydroboost case in the truck as the half with the seal is not bolted to the firewall or directly attached to the pedal. Looks like next weekend will be a continuation of this job! Change oil and rotate tires too. Going to Denver on the 23rd for my youngest sister's 70th birthday surprise party.

If another seal don't work it will be a couple hundred bucks for a rebuilt and back under the dash! So far I only spend about 35 bucks including buying one of those reverse torx sockets.

DAC

Wanted to move the QT out of the shop to the machine shed down below but with the 1.47" of rain early this morning it will be muddy for a while yet. Can move a couple others around to different storage buildings as it is all grass down there, just clay drive to get there.

Got the Bolens G 11 XT up and running this morning. Needs rings, smokes some. Make a good yard donkey for somebody.

I have always loved the AC G's, so cool looking.

Not has much time for mechanical stuff. I did mount the rear fenders on the Purple Sears. Once I get footboard and a few other purple pieces mounted, I will do a final last coat paint over all of them as one piece and then clear coat.

I am still working this paint job, most high stuff is done. I have a few more rooms to paint, but guys are coming this afternoon to refinish their hardwood floors so I get a few days off.
Kitchen ceiling was at 16', bedroom and LR was around 13'.

20190812_090437.jpg
20190812_165335.jpg
20190812_165354.jpg
20190812_165427.jpg

Spend more time moving and going up and down ladders in those high ceilings.

Yep exactly....and the rooms are full of furniture. Thankfully my clients left town for 6 days, that sure made it a lot easier than having to put everything back together every evening. I also was able to paint all ceilings, then the main color, then the accent color without doing 1 room at a time and bouncing back and forth.

Got Thursday and Friday off from painting, clients got a last minute call to squeeze them in tobget hardwood floors refinished so couldnt go back until Monday.

I jacked up and re-levelled a shed, replaced some trim and plumbed up a door for a friend, easy 3 hrs work.

Then finished the hammock stand for my daughter I was supposed to make 1 1/2 yrs ago.... I told her I would eventually get to it :thumbs:

Got Thursday and Friday off from painting, clients got a last minute call to squeeze them in tobget hardwood floors refinished so couldnt go back until Monday.

I jacked up and re-levelled a shed, replaced some trim and plumbed up a door for a friend, easy 3 hrs work.

Then finished the hammock stand for my daughter I was supposed to make 1 1/2 yrs ago.... I told her I would eventually get to it :thumbs:

It sure looks like the handyman job is working well for you! Congrats!

DAC

I been working doing tile and drywall for the last couple of weeks but I got all the parts in for the farmall cub to rebuild the hydraulics and some more stuff for the john deere 110. On the 110 I need to get sandpaper and blasting media. The John deere 170 from Larry will get fixed up some this winter.

I found the reflectors the size I needed at Orscheln's. Will put the clear coat on and then the reflectors. It originally had lights in the rear and reflectors on the side panels. Can go with lights there also but something else to get it the way.

took the nudge bar and hood off a JD, L110 and fitted to my JD sabre 2002 ,kohler 17.5-42. just making a start on maintenance and repair on mine before spring kicks in IMG_20190816_093931.jpg < this one is the donor IMG_20190816_093919.jpg < looks better already , i want to change the hr counter in mine yet as mine stopped working @ 3008 hrs , was thinking 270 hrs when i got it off curbside in 2006 or 7 , lol might be near due for a engine service including oil filter ,only engine repairs was tighten the over head tappet cover as it started to leak

Shane

Back